Well that sucks

large.jpg

That's the third or fourth Banshee I ever built and it has Manilus' in them. I thought they sounded pretty good. Seriously call or email him and see if he has a suggestion for something you'd like more. I'm sure he'd be happy to swap them.

that happened to me once.

does the winders name start with a D?

i wouldnt say they were bad pickups, I just didnt like them.
and they were icepick city and these are known for "no icepick whatsoever"
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

it happens. no big whoop.

The problem with TGP, as with a lot of forums, it's simply over populated. Way to many opinions from way to many posers. The grapevine gets started and after enough repetitive replies opinion becomes fact.

The other thing: do they come with haunting mids? At least that's what the Gear Page folks would ask.

Seriously though I'd be curious what they sound like clean and what amp you're running it thru. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out if the pickup is even at the right level.

Someone explained it to me once if the pickups were too close to the string it was like a guy shouting into your ear from an inch away. Good point. But could there be a situation where they are mounted too low too?

btw I think we've all had pickups from winders we've been disappointed with. I have a set from a notable winder who made me the worst sounding strat pickups on earth. I have a set of buckers from a guy who I wouldn't even use as paper weights (and I played a set of his a friend has and those were great).

It is what it is.

Back