Well, that escalated quickly.

So, Mrs. P's bumper showed up at the house today.

The side steps were shipped by freight and I have to drive about 100 miles to pick them up.

The bumper looks pretty awesome, though.

Yeah but we really have to slow down.

Our savings are starting to suffer, and now we have a car payment to make.

So, Mrs. P's bumper showed up at the house today.

The side steps were shipped by freight and I have to drive about 100 miles to pick them up.

The bumper looks pretty awesome, though.

Is she getting a winch as well?

My way is more fun. For awhile anyway.

I agree.

That said, I still need a rear bumper, wheels, tires, and about a 2 1/2" lift kit.

Then I'm good... until I need a new soft top, and maybe a hard top down the road.

Mrs. P needs a Sunrider soft top panel, and maybe some more aggressive tires.

She really wants a new treadmill more, so that's likely the next big purchase.

Once she sees my Jeep with a lift, it's entirely possibly she'll want one, though.

I've found wifes don't care for lifted vehicles. They don't like to have to climb to get in. They might not care if they're in jeans and headed for the woods but in a dress headed out to dinner or a party and a door that's 2 or 3 feet of the ground doesn't make them happy.

He had to drive it pretty gingerly too, I doubt if you would want to make a steady diet of that. And he went around some stuff.

http://jalopnik.com/a-subaru-legacy-just-put-legions-of-jeeps-to-shame-off-1787234886

What have you done with your truck lately, bro? That “Trail Rated” badge doesn’t mean jack if the wildest place it goes is the Whole Foods parking lot. Here’s a dude tackling the Hell’s Revenge trail in Moab in a lightly modified Subaru Legacy. Weep in shame at his mad skills, mall crawlers.

Saw this and thought of ya'll

My Blazer rarely goes farther off road than an occasional logging road. But, when the wind is blowing 45 mph, it's -60 with the chill factor, there's 12" of unplowed snow on the road it gets me to work, and to Whole Foods.

My Blazer rarely goes farther off road than an occasional logging road. But, when the wind is blowing 45 mph, it's -60 with the chill factor, there's 12" of unplowed snow on the road it gets me to work, and to Whole Foods.

I have to admit, there are a few days per year that getting to work requires a 4x4 and a bit of driving skill.

Not enough to justify buying two newish Jeeps, but a few.

I actually told a co-worker today "Owning a Jeep isn't about financial responsibility".

Of course, this was the co-worker that just spent about $30k on a bathroom remodel.

Got Mrs P's sidebars and bumper mounted today.

4754.jpeg
4757.jpeg
4763.jpeg
4766.jpeg
4769.jpeg
4772.jpeg

Back