Well, since my drum machine is a piece of junk

One of you guys needs to teach me how to manually edit in EZDrummer. I know it's supposed to be really easy but I havent hardly had ANY chance to sit down and play or record.

My EZDrummer, Korg NanoPad and the software I was using never got along, so I'm at the same place I was before. No drums and less money.

One of you guys needs to teach me how to manually edit in EZDrummer. I know it's supposed to be really easy but I havent hardly had ANY chance to sit down and play or record.

It really is easy as pie. Just double-click on the MIDI track in the general vicinity of where you want the edit to be to open up the MIDI editor window. Then you can move individual hits around, make them louder or softer, and add or subtract hits wherever you want.

I just did a drum track for a new song last week that sounds so fucking real and natural I honestly can't believe it.

I just did a drum track for a new song last week that sounds so fucking real and natural I honestly can't believe it.

Do you use a midi enabled kit or do you program in the midi editor?
Also, do you do anything for the crashes? I tend to find the ones in EZdrummer a bit too "in your face", so I use other cymbal samples from another kit.

Do you use a midi enabled kit or do you program in the midi editor?
Also, do you do anything for the crashes? I tend to find the ones in EZdrummer a bit too "in your face", so I use other cymbal samples from another kit.

I played the parts on a Yamaha DTXpress kit and did a little editing after the fact. I know what you mean about the crashes. In an uptempo tune, it's no biggie. This song, however, was a slow, mostly acoustic ditty, so I just brought the volume down on the individual hits in the MIDI editor, and I think it turned out nicely.

Back