Well, since my drum machine is a piece of junk

I just can't dig the drum sounds. The snare on both of those are just so weak to me. :(

Favorite part of that radio station. :embarrassed:

If youre looking for lots of sound options, EZDrummer might not be your best bet. There is one kit that comes with the standard purchase, and you can get expansion packs, but this can get pricey. However, with some time, eqing, and effects, the drums can sound big enough.

Hey Chihli, do you have the ability to write, copy, paste, all that stuff in EZDrummer by itself? Or can you only use it as an add on to Reaper or something like that? Can i make a drum track using the software by itself on my computer?

Here, I just tossed this together, the kick is a bit tighter and thumpier, and it is EQed a bit more towards the metal side since I know you like that. Guitars sound like crap but it was a 10-minute slap-tracks-down deal. You get the idea.

Hey Chihli, do you have the ability to write, copy, paste, all that stuff in EZDrummer by itself? Or can you only use it as an add on to Reaper or something like that? Can i make a drum track using the software by itself on my computer?

No, you need to open EZdrummer in a DAW. But Reaper is cheap. (Well....free if you want it to be. )

I have Audacity, but i dont know if it will handle it. I'll look into reaper. I have my drum machine, but the editing of the EZDrummer looks a whole lot more, well, easy. hahaha.

I think i'll look at heading in this direction.

I have Audacity, but i dont know if it will handle it. I'll look into reaper. I have my drum machine, but the editing of the EZDrummer looks a whole lot more, well, easy. hahaha.

I think i'll look at heading in this direction.

Audacity should open it, but that's just an assumption on my part. You open EZDrummer in the effects section so if it runs other effects, it will run it just fine.

Cool. Well i can start there, and then if it doesnt work deal with it then. :grin:

Yeah, I've heard the kit and it just sounds weak to me. I can't listen right now to your clip Chili, but I will tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!

Here, I just tossed this together, the kick is a bit tighter and thumpier, and it is EQed a bit more towards the metal side since I know you like that. Guitars sound like crap but it was a 10-minute slap-tracks-down deal. You get the idea.

Better than most I've heard, but still just can't dig it. :shrug:

I'm sure I sound stubborn and ridiciously picky, but I've heard that one before I don't care for it either. :embarrassed:

I'm sure I sound stubborn and ridiciously picky, but I've heard that one before I don't care for it either. :embarrassed:

And you think a drum machine is going to sound better?

You should start learnig to mic drums and saving up for some mics, I think.

Not really an option until I get my own place.

I should problem just not be picky and go with EZdrummer. It's not like I'm making a record anytime soon.

I loved the look of EZDrummer. That 2 part demo video was great. All the built in fills and stuff, man, it would be so much easier than my machine. Although i still like my alesis for just getting a beat going and goofing off. But for programming a song, that looked killer.

I loved the look of EZDrummer. That 2 part demo video was great. All the built in fills and stuff, man, it would be so much easier than my machine. Although i still like my alesis for just getting a beat going and goofing off. But for programming a song, that looked killer.

Yeah, I watched the demo too. I kinda like making my own beats and fills and stuff though, so maybe there isn't a point to the EZdrummer for me.

The Alesis has a bass built in too, that would be handy...

I'm digging that one a lot actually.

:hmm:

It's a lot more sophisticated and that also means it has a stiffer learning curve. One of the advantages however is that it'll let you import other sample sets as long as they're in a compatible format.

It's a lot more sophisticated and that also means it has a stiffer learning curve. One of the advantages however is that it'll let you import other sample sets as long as they're in a compatible format.

Cool, thanks. I'm downloading the demo now. I don't mind learning a bit...

Back