Well, since my drum machine is a piece of junk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jake S., Mar 17, 2010.

Mar 17, 2010
  1. Jake S. n00b

I need some new drum stuff. I'm thinking of going with computer software this time. Spending 200 dollars on a SR-18 isn't very appealing to me, but still an option.

Is there a program I can use that you guys suggest?
  2. Mar 17, 2010
  3. Phil513 n00b

Buy Mark's electronic set. :D

I'm so tempted to buy it. I'm resisting.
  4. Mar 17, 2010
  5. Jake S. n00b

Me too. :(

How much is it again? :weebz:
  6. Mar 17, 2010
  7. Jeremy Also no borders.

EZDrummer is the easy answer. :idk:
  8. Mar 17, 2010
  9. Jake S. n00b

I see what you did there.
  10. Mar 17, 2010
  11. Get yourself a Cajon, a tambourine, some maracas, a big hand drum, some bongos and a microphone. If you buy used, you can probably come out less than $250 before the hand drum. You'd have lots of good acoustic percussion sounds right there, and the equipment could be easily stored in a closet. Also, not too noisy to record. Just a thought. :)
  12. Mar 17, 2010
  13. Phil513 n00b

Well, isn't the problem you have, the reason you bought a standalone to begin with is that the computer is a long way from where you record?

If you get a computer based drum program, arent you just in the same mess?
  14. Mar 17, 2010
  15. Phil513 n00b

I dont know, he said he was going to put it and the Kurzwiel up on the spam board. I'm kinda hoping he doesnt. :weebz:
  16. Mar 17, 2010
  17. Jake S. n00b

I wouldn't mind recording drums (I usually do that first anyways) and then putting it into my Tascam. But yeah, a drum machine would save some hassle. But if it means better sounds and less crapping out, I'll take the software.
  18. Mar 17, 2010
  19. Kerouac weird musical dildo

Buy a snare, a rubbermaid container and a cracked cymbal... disregard consistency of tempo and BAM! You're Meg White without the funbags! :p
  20. Mar 17, 2010
  21. Jake S. n00b

Apparently March 17th is pick on Jake day, which is ironically two days before my birthday. :annoyed:

Meg White is a shit drummer. I won't deny that. ''My Doorbell'' has a major timing fail...and on the studio recording no less.

One of the biggest problems is how she overuses her cymbal so much.
  22. Mar 17, 2010
  23. Mark Wein :mad:

The drums are spoken for :weebz: I won't say who is buying them until it's a done deal, though. The Kurzwiel I haven't even thought of a price for, though....

This or Addictive drums would probably be the answer...I have EZ drummer on both macs here...
  24. Mar 17, 2010
  25. Jake S. n00b

Looking up EZdrummer on youtube right now...I likey...
  26. Mar 17, 2010
  27. Jake S. n00b

Seems like the ezdrummer and addictive drums is mostly just a bunch of preset beats and not a whole lot of customization for the actual drum sets. I'd rather just make my own beats but have plenty of drum set options.

Alesis is currently in the lead. I hate this back and forth crap I always do besides buying musical crap.
  28. Mar 17, 2010
  29. cfgsteak n00b

You hate that? Damn, I LOVE that.
  30. Mar 17, 2010
  31. Jake S. n00b

Really?

It drives me nuts. :weebz:
  32. Mar 17, 2010
  33. Chihlidog n00b

EZdrummer is programmable. Guys do it all the time. Its also compatible with midi controllers once it is set up correctly. I basically just use the stock beats, but it is much more than it appears on the surface. I strongly suggest it, as will many others. I really think it is going to be your best option. EZDrummer + Reaper = win.
  34. Mar 17, 2010
  35. Mark Wein :mad:

Actually this was my first attempt in EZ drummer. I built the drum part in the MIDI editor in ProTools: [MP3]http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/2009RF/TheLastTime.mp3[/MP3]
  36. Mar 17, 2010
  37. Phil513 n00b

linky?

Never mind. Weird, i can see the link when i quote, but not in the post.

I have that song on a CD in the car. :D
  38. Mar 17, 2010
  39. Dew Knot Hump Sausager

He could do the drum work on the computer, throw it on a jump drive and then import it into the stand alone deck.