Well, since my drum machine is a piece of junk

Jake S.

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I need some new drum stuff. I'm thinking of going with computer software this time. Spending 200 dollars on a SR-18 isn't very appealing to me, but still an option.

Is there a program I can use that you guys suggest?

Get yourself a Cajon, a tambourine, some maracas, a big hand drum, some bongos and a microphone. If you buy used, you can probably come out less than $250 before the hand drum. You'd have lots of good acoustic percussion sounds right there, and the equipment could be easily stored in a closet. Also, not too noisy to record. Just a thought. :)

Well, isn't the problem you have, the reason you bought a standalone to begin with is that the computer is a long way from where you record?

If you get a computer based drum program, arent you just in the same mess?

Well, isn't the problem you have, the reason you bought a standalone to begin with is that the computer is a long way from where you record?

I wouldn't mind recording drums (I usually do that first anyways) and then putting it into my Tascam. But yeah, a drum machine would save some hassle. But if it means better sounds and less crapping out, I'll take the software.

Buy a snare, a rubbermaid container and a cracked cymbal... disregard consistency of tempo and BAM! You're Meg White without the funbags! :tongue:

Buy a snare, a rubbermaid container and a cracked cymbal... disregard consistency of tempo and BAM! You're Meg White without the funbags! :tongue:

Apparently March 17th is pick on Jake day, which is ironically two days before my birthday. :annoyed:

Meg White is a shit drummer. I won't deny that. ''My Doorbell'' has a major timing fail...and on the studio recording no less.

One of the biggest problems is how she overuses her cymbal so much.

Buy Mark's electronic set. :grin:

I'm so tempted to buy it. I'm resisting.

Me too. :(

How much is it again? :embarrassed:

I dont know, he said he was going to put it and the Kurzwiel up on the spam board. I'm kinda hoping he doesnt. :embarrassed:

The drums are spoken for :embarrassed: I won't say who is buying them until it's a done deal, though. The Kurzwiel I haven't even thought of a price for, though....

EZDrummer is the easy answer. :shrug:

This or Addictive drums would probably be the answer...I have EZ drummer on both macs here...

Seems like the ezdrummer and addictive drums is mostly just a bunch of preset beats and not a whole lot of customization for the actual drum sets. I'd rather just make my own beats but have plenty of drum set options.

Alesis is currently in the lead. I hate this back and forth crap I always do besides buying musical crap.

EZdrummer is programmable. Guys do it all the time. Its also compatible with midi controllers once it is set up correctly. I basically just use the stock beats, but it is much more than it appears on the surface. I strongly suggest it, as will many others. I really think it is going to be your best option. EZDrummer + Reaper = win.

Seems like the ezdrummer and addictive drums is mostly just a bunch of preset beats and not a whole lot of customization for the actual drum sets. I'd rather just make my own beats but have plenty of drum set options.

Alesis is currently in the lead. I hate this back and forth crap I always do besides buying musical crap.

Actually this was my first attempt in EZ drummer. I built the drum part in the MIDI editor in ProTools: [MP3]http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/2009RF/TheLastTime.mp3[/MP3]

Actually this was my first attempt in EZ drummer. I built the drum part in the MIDI editor in ProTools: [MP3]http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/2009RF/TheLastTime.mp3[/MP3]

linky?

Never mind. Weird, i can see the link when i quote, but not in the post.

I have that song on a CD in the car. :grin:

He could do the drum work on the computer, throw it on a jump drive and then import it into the stand alone deck.

Back