Well, I guess it's official...

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I didn't talk about it on the forum but I've been shopping for a new building the last few months to move Premier Music to when our lease expires in June. Turns out I'm in the only building that will have us :)o) so I guess we are staying here and I've renewed our lease for a few more years.

With that decided we will be having our 10th anniversary/Grand Reopening party Saturday August 9...still working out the details but it will be along the lines of our NAMM event but with food trucks and possibly an outdoor stage...stay tuned on that.

Nice! I think we're still in the tail end of summer camp or I'd try to finagle a road trip.

Very cool indeed. I'll be there.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

How come you were wanting to move?
The building is very expensive even though I've negotiated it down nearly 35% over the last two lease renewals. I was seeing a lot of commercial space going for nearly half what we are paying just being off the main street but the logistics of finding a building owner that will take a chance on us (because they think we'll be a noise problem) and building out a new space really made it more hassle than it was worth in the end. Whats the point in saving $30k over two years if you have to spend that much just to get into the new building?

The building is very expensive even though I've negotiated it down nearly 35% over the last two lease renewals. I was seeing a lot of commercial space going for nearly half what we are paying just being off the main street but the logistics of finding a building owner that will take a chance on us (because they think we'll be a noise problem) and building out a new space really made it more hassle than it was worth in the end. Whats the point in saving $30k over two years if you have to spend that much just to get into the new building?

You shoulda told em you run a Harley shop. Much quieter.

You shoulda told em you run a Harley shop. Much quieter.
Thats the thing...we've been in this mostly retail location for 10 years between a sandwich shop and a shipping and box store and have never had a problem with the neighbors about noise but I guess our track record doesn't mean squat.

Back