Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
no gigs. Lots of studying. Cooking Sunday dinner. Date night with Mrs Wein and we saw Black Panther, which was great.

27798011_10156251941017425_5548342668933657405_o.jpg

I bought a weird clock and will test it tomorrow morning.

I listened to some weird stuff while I couldn't sleep last night. I'm about to go down the Ty Segall rabbit hole. And I found an Icelandic cellist on KEXP named Gyda Valtysdottir who plays ambient takes on classical music.

CHICKEN TINGA EMPANADAS

Friday - appointments at the office, along with a unique cancellation approach, then home.

Saturday - a few AM appointments, then out for lunch and a stop at the thrift store. Went to the studio to work on a couple of songs, then to the grocery store.

Sunday - I just took things "easy" today. I put together a kitchen island, and hopefully sold the Summer of Love Guitar on Reverb. I accepted the offer and am awaiting payment.

First run in 7 months (due to plantar fasciitis). Went pretty well, I hadn’t lost all my conditioning, but man, was I ever sore today. :tongue:

The cd ripping project continues, I’m up to the Ts now. I may yet finish in this lifetime.

Also some golf practice, and lots of cooking. Including the magical, irresistible meat loaf of destiny.

Friday - morning started off spectacularly: as has been happening too often over the last year, while I was on my way to a service call in West Central IL, my wife put a car into a power pole about 25 miles from our house :facepalm:. Broke at least 4 ribs, and a slight compression fracture in her neck, but nothing terribly serious. What is the kicker: it was a rental vehicle. An Infinity SUV :facepalm::facepalm: that the rental agency so graciously allowed her to rent while our humble Dodge Journey was in the shop, getting repairs from a "minor incident" she had a month ago :facepalm:. She insists she signed up for the extra insurance on the rental, but we have not yet located our copy of the rental agreement, and the agent at the rental office says that she did not take out the extra insurance :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:...I spent the rest of the day with her at the hospital, save for going to the body shop where the car was towed to, and being able to restrain myself from having a fucking nervous breakdown, stroke, and cardiac arrest at the same time. At least my wife didn't kill herself or somebody else, but she IS gonna eventually kill me. In any event, she won't be driving again as long as I have any say so.

Couldn't have happened at a better time, as we are scheduled to be out of this house and to the new apartment permanently next week - if our closing doesn't get fucked up by any timely legal action if this rental vehicle isn't covered. Either way, looks like I'll be bankrupt soon, so I've got that going for me.

Sorry for the rant.

Saturday - Cleaned up the house a bit. Daughter and her BF came over to go through some of her stuff; was nice seeing them. Wife got discharged and I brought her home and kept an eye on her. Watched Olympics in a brain fog.

Sunday - More of the same from yesterday. Got everything to do and nothing accomplished, but looks like my boss is gonna give his blessings to being on an unscheduled vacation this week and next, so that buys me some time.

Friday - morning started off spectacularly: as has been happening too often over the last year, while I was on my way to a service call in West Central IL, my wife put a car into a power pole about 25 miles from our house :facepalm:. Broke at least 4 ribs, and a slight compression fracture in her neck, but nothing terribly serious. What is the kicker: it was a rental vehicle. An Infinity SUV :facepalm::facepalm: that the rental agency so graciously allowed her to rent while our humble Dodge Journey was in the shop, getting repairs from a "minor incident" she had a month ago :facepalm:. She insists she signed up for the extra insurance on the rental, but we have not yet located our copy of the rental agreement, and the agent at the rental office says that she did not take out the extra insurance :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:...I spent the rest of the day with her at the hospital, save for going to the body shop where the car was towed to, and being able to restrain myself from having a fucking nervous breakdown, stroke, and cardiac arrest at the same time. At least my wife didn't kill herself or somebody else, but she IS gonna eventually kill me. In any event, she won't be driving again as long as I have any say so.

Couldn't have happened at a better time, as we are scheduled to be out of this house and to the new apartment permanently next week - if our closing doesn't get fucked up by any timely legal action if this rental vehicle isn't covered. Either way, looks like I'll be bankrupt soon, so I've got that going for me.

Sorry for the rant.

Saturday - Cleaned up the house a bit. Daughter and her BF came over to go through some of her stuff; was nice seeing them. Wife got discharged and I brought her home and kept an eye on her. Watched Olympics in a brain fog.

Sunday - More of the same from yesterday. Got everything to do and nothing accomplished, but looks like my boss is gonna give his blessings to being on an unscheduled vacation this week and next, so that buys me some time.
ugh. mojo.

First run in 7 months (due to plantar fasciitis).

I had the plantar fasciitis in one foot bad for a year or more. It still bothers me a little but not too bad. It used to be that the first step ot of bed was an absolute killer.

- the toe stretch
- frozen water bottle in arch
- Dr Scholl's insoles for p.f.

Those are the 3 things that helped turn it around for me.

My weekend... cardio with Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast past episodes because he is the funniest guy in the world to me.

Found out that my beautiful Jackson that I sold on eBay a week ago got the dreaded broken headstock so I get to go through the lovely task of trying to get shipping insurance to pay for it.

Watching NBA all star game... half time thing sucks hard. They are still all over the auto tune.

Friday, still sick with a fever from tree allergies.

Saturday, rode 47 miles and felt much better. It is nice to wear short sleeves and shorts again. Watched the Winter Olympics and took Mrs. T out for a BBQ dinner.

Sunday, rode 34 foggy, leg busting miles. More Olympics after a nap. Enjoying a little bourbon right now.

Saw Black Panther (in 3D--my first 3D movie) on Saturday with my sister and her family, followed by dinner with them at a burger joint. Drove home 75 miles in a blinding snowstorm. Snow removal today, not much else. Day off tomorrow, no plans, just relaxing.

Friday - Took it easy...rough work week.

Saturday - Walked the dog, some yard chores, some guitar maintenance, afternoon blues jam, Mrs Saint and I went to a friends B-Day party

Sunday - Walked the dog, morning Taichi, brunch with Mrs. Saint and then napped. Chilled and then went to dinner with Jr. Working on some tunes now.

Saturday - finally got back on the Saturday cycling training ride I've done for 25+ years. Been off it for about a year and it's a scary thing to show back up. 30mph+ on the flats, relentless pace for about 45 miles. I survived. Ride ends in the little town of Sierra Madre, with the obligatory shoot the shit session for about a half an hour, before everyone jumps back on their bikes to head home. Bunch of young guys I've never seen before who are as fast as hell, all racers, all pushing the pace of the ride. That was me about 20 years ago. It's just nice to hang with the group again.

Had ramen with my son at the local ramen house about a block from home. I get the "Spicy Miso Ramen" which is awesome. Spicy, pieces of pork, sliced hard boiled egg, and ramen noodles. Clears your sinuses out.

Sunday - drop my son off at work. He's a senior, has a part time job, but I'm still driving him everywhere. Didn't do his driving written test last year as he was studying for SATs. He's going to do it in a few weeks. I haven't been anxious for him to start driving though, as kids his age are in the high percentage for traffic accidents. But my not being his taxi will be nice.

Rode 25 miles with some hills. Gotta ride at least 5 days a week now if I'm going to keep up with the Saturday ride. That ride used to just be training for racing, but now it's the goal.

Studying tonight for my Tuesday class.

Sorry for the rant.

Mojo Scott.

Friday - took my youngest to dance and then headed to GC to try out some amps.

Saturday - took the kids to see Black Panther. It was awesome.

Sunday - chilled.

No work today so weekend still going.

Friday- was in bed by 9:30.

Saturday- delivered and donated some furniture to Habitat for Humanity. Then Home Depot run

Sunday- went bowling.

bread baking, some reading, some drinking, some guitar playing, some music listening. minimal socializing, which was also nice.

Last edited:
Pretty chill weekend

Friday - work
Sat - errands and sleep
Sun - movies & BRMC at the roseland theater
509RDQv.png

Mon - back to work

BRMC was a good time. Nice mix of songs from the new album and older favorites. We were close enough to have a great view. Hayes played a few V16 semi hollows, a SG and few Gibson semis but his standard old red 335 sounded incredible. You knew when he went back to that guitar from the first chord with out even seeing it.

Last edited:
Friday - work. Then some pedal re-work.
Saturday - more pedal re-work. Paint and graphics. Again.
Sunday - screwed up the graphics and started over. Got it done though.
Monday - day off. Moving to pedal assembly and testing.

“Success to failure
Just a matter of degrees”

Friday - Went out to dinner with Ash for a belated Valentine's Day. Afterward, I went to my favourite headshop to buy some accessories, as well as some CBD for us.

Saturday - Had lessons in the AM at the Fitton... my hour-long student was a no-show so I came home to relax. Wasn't feeling great, so I napped and couched most of the day.

Sunday - Felt really lousy and slept until almost 2 o'clock. Woke up to a call from my mum saying my grandfather had collapsed and passed out, and my grandmother was so freaked out and anxious that as soon as mum got there SHE passed out. They spent the day at the hospital; Papa is turning 91 this week and his ALS has progressed to the point he can only squeeze out a few words before his voice breaks and fades. I offered to come over and sit with my mum, but we decided the last thing we need is for them to get sick. I decided to couch it for the day.

Monday - Woke up early, still feeling lousy. I only had one student scheduled today, so I asked if he'd swap to another day this week and he was fine with it.

Back