Weekend Wrapup

Sadly some songs have been tainted by taints like Taint Rock who hung with Taint Nugent and Sarah Taintlin while visiting president Taint.

Yeah, I don't listen to the radio (other than 106.7) so I don't know that I have ever heard any of Taint Rock's destruction of some classics. Other that his first big hit that started off with a bunch of gibberish, I don't know that I have ever heard a song from him.

in-laws were in town. going to work this morning felt like the actual weekend/relaxation.

Nice weather and some good golf. Watched NBA playoffs and MLB and did some binging on Season 2 of The Expanse.

Also saw Free Fire, which is basically a 90-minute shootout scene. I enjoyed it though, lots of good one-liners and bullets whizzing by and people yelling FUCK! when they took one in the leg. Mrs. Roach hated it, but she hates everything.
Yeah, but does she hate Life cereal?
91cvs.jpg

Yeah, I don't listen to the radio (other than 106.7) so I don't know that I have ever heard any of Taint Rock's destruction of some classics. Other that his first big hit that started off with a bunch of gibberish, I don't know that I have ever heard a song from him.

I really only listen to NPR if the radio is on. Usually we're listening to CDs or audio books as a family. David Tennant's readings of the How to Train Your Dragon series is absolutely masterful. Best single reader audiobook performances (because it's so much more than just a reading) I've ever heard.

Somehow I heard Rock's All Summer Long (just had to look up the title, Google search: kid rock butchers sweet home alabama) which also features Werewolves of London. Absolutely horrible. DO NOT LISTEN TO IT!

My last weekend as a single guy.....

Friday: Got a large package from the future inlaws. No clue what it is. I did not open in in case it is a wedding present. Spent the evening at my finace's apartment watching figure skating.

Saturday: Ran errends with my oldest son (who is staying with me temporarily). He wanted to donate most of his old Marine Crops uniforms to a surplus place and it took awhile to find one that would take them (all Army and Air Force around here). Picked up another linen shirt for my Mexico trip at an ARC. Fiance came over for dinner and we watched more figure skating.

Sunday: Church in the late AM. My son and I tore apart the living room to make room for another couch (when the finace moves her stuff in a couple weeks). It is going to be a tight squeeze when she moves in. We need to decide which stuff to keep and which to get rid of. No need for two sets of coffee tables. We hope to buy a house by the fall and really have no clue what that might be nor how much room we will have so it is kinda hard to know what to keep or not. Watched more skating in the evening (catching up on the World Championships that were held a couple weekends ago).

Friday - work and stressed over figuring out why I have to pay over five grand in taxes this year. I know what triggered it but I didn't think that was how it worked.
Saturday - up early and out to Record Store Day; then shopping; then off to the Niagara Wine and Food expo where we discovered no-or-low-carb mixed cocktails and a low-carb dessert baker. I had a cheat meal of a SPAM Musabi.
Sunday - cut the lawn and trimmed a few trees and shrubs in the yard; had a pile of chicken wings for dinner; watched the Leafs move into golf season; then watched the live stream of Paul Pigat and Diego concert.

I'll just add that my Monday has started with a company wide conference call that reiterated everything that I've received in e-mail update over the last month.
That was followed by a MANDATORY training session wherein no one knows how to mute their mics, and there are attendess that are more informed than the instructor.

Is it too early in the day/week to start in to the whisky?

My last weekend as a single guy.....

Friday: Got a large package from the future inlaws. No clue what it is. I did not open in in case it is a wedding present. Spent the evening at my finace's apartment watching figure skating.

Saturday: Ran errends with my oldest son (who is staying with me temporarily). He wanted to donate most of his old Marine Crops uniforms to a surplus place and it took awhile to find one that would take them (all Army and Air Force around here). Picked up another linen shirt for my Mexico trip at an ARC. Fiance came over for dinner and we watched more figure skating.

Sunday: Church in the late AM. My son and I tore apart the living room to make room for another couch (when the finace moves her stuff in a couple weeks). It is going to be a tight squeeze when she moves in. We need to decide which stuff to keep and which to get rid of. No need for two sets of coffee tables. We hope to buy a house by the fall and really have no clue what that might be nor how much room we will have so it is kinda hard to know what to keep or not. Watched more skating in the evening (catching up on the World Championships that were held a couple weekends ago).

If you have space to store stuff or can get a storage space, you might want to hold to everything if you're looking at a getting a house. That's going to big enough expense without starting to think about more furniture to fill rooms (especially if you just got rid of a bunch of stuff).

Friday night we had the big debut of our new name and lineup as "The Grooveheads". It was scramble to the last minute... we had a 3 hour practice at 9:embarrassed:0 the night before with the full lineup (the previous practices were the 3 Sandbar bums with the new drummer trying out different combinations of kit and hand drums. I was a little nervous that I sang too much the night before, and then jumped into a 4 hour gig friday....

... but after the sound check, I settled down, my voice warmed up and we had a great first outing.

Rare gig free weekend.

Friday the lady and I went for drinks in our local, I came back and tried, unsuccessfully to set up my new bbq. Earlyish night

Saturday, got up a fixed the grill. Was planning on spring cleaning but it was a nice day so I dragged her out to see our local football team's last home game of the season. She went to her sisters for chinese food after that. I grilled some steaks, had a few beers out the back then went to the pub for an hour. Another earlyish night.

Sunday: Up early - big football game on so made a fry up and headed out with my dad and uncle to watch it in a club down the road. Game was shit and the DJ following it isn't very good so I headed home early. Watched junk on TV and went to bed early again.

Bank holiday weekend next week :embarrassed:

Fri.: Rehearsal out in Brooklyn at the other guitarist's place. Wow. Brownstone with a full studio and rehearsal room. He's got some serious credits, too. Now, I'm a good player, but I might have been the worst one in the room -- these guys are all "seriously heavy cats", as they say. Then, "Wicked" that night. Then, on the way home, stopped off at my friend's gig and did a set with them.

Sat.: My daughters birthday party, then a benefit show in my hometown. Saw a bunch of folks I went to high school with that I hadn't seen in years, they were surprised that I do this. :rolleyes:

Sun.: Fun gig at Rockwood Music Hall with the heavy-hitter guys. Wow, there's nothing like playing with guys who are at the top of the game. Luckily I played well.

I really only listen to NPR if the radio is on. Usually we're listening to CDs or audio books as a family. David Tennant's readings of the How to Train Your Dragon series is absolutely masterful. Best single reader audiobook performances (because it's so much more than just a reading) I've ever heard.

Somehow I heard Rock's All Summer Long (just had to look up the title, Google search: kid rock butchers sweet home alabama) which also features Werewolves of London. Absolutely horrible. DO NOT LISTEN TO IT!
Yet EVERY cover band has this in the repertoire. Ugh.

Fri.: Rehearsal out in Brooklyn at the other guitarist's place. Wow. Brownstone with a full studio and rehearsal room. He's got some serious credits, too. Now, I'm a good player, but I might have been the worst one in the room -- these guys are all "seriously heavy cats", as they say. Then, "Wicked" that night. Then, on the way home, stopped off at my friend's gig and did a set with them.

Sat.: My daughters birthday party, then a benefit show in my hometown. Saw a bunch of folks I went to high school with that I hadn't seen in years, they were surprised that I do this. :rolleyes:

Sun.: Fun gig at Rockwood Music Hall with the heavy-hitter guys. Wow, there's nothing like playing with guys who are at the top of the game. Luckily I played well.
Are you still living in Harriman? Are you going to do any gigs in the area?

Did a really cool gig on Saturday in Oslo with Wasted, we were one of three bands.
Probably the best gig we've done so far, and resulted in a festival gig already booked for next year. WIN. :grin:
And...playing on a proper big stage with professionals handling everything sound/lights wise kicks fucking arse. :rawk:

A pic of me strangling the M-III for good measure. :embarrassed:

18157491_1861518717423327_2416562398925132656_n.jpg

Thanks. I am pretty darn happy as well. And nervous as shit. Second marriage....meeting the inlaws (on Thursday), adding a step daughter. There is a small part of me that is screaming about how nice it has been being single. Then one look in my fiancé's eyes and I'm gone. Yeah - this is a very good thing.

Here's hoping 2nd marriage for you turns out as well as it did for me. Mrs Nuke and I will be 23 years in Oct

As to the weekend. My hockey team lost so there goes the playoff beard...it was just starting to come in good too though the Mrs hated it and with warm weather coming I wasn't likely to keep it. But so long as the playoffs were going I had an excuse not to shave...now it's gone

Put a new rear brake on the old bike on Sat and went out to our fav fish n chips place.
Sunday road almost 50 miles passing 2 cars in the process. And yes they were moving in the same direction as me :grin: One was a truck coming down a mtn road and one was an old lady who clearly should not have been driving IMO. I was going fast when I passed the truck, the old lady not so much.

Reactions: Tig
Back