Weekend Wrapup

That reminds me; one of the things I ordered from Amazon was delivered by US Mail on Sunday. That is two Sunday deliveries in a row. When did this become a thing?

I'm not sure, but it freaked me out a little when I saw a mail man dropping a package off in my mailbox on a Sunday a few months ago.

Sounds like the issue could be solved with a musician you trust running sound.... bumping players up when it's their turn to solo, and sitting them back in the mix when they're shitting all over someone else's turn. There's an open jam I go to and the house sound guy does a damn fine job of mixing FOH.
People should know how to play with appropriate dynamics and mix themselves. You shouldn't need a sound guy to play musically and with appropriateness. There are other things too, though. Just knowing the difference between minor and dominant chords for instance. Or how to play an 8 bar blues or just not completely overplaying for the style.

It's been an interesting road. Somehow got it figured out and it's pretty simple once you do. I have my internal secret words to live by every day. Someday I'll right a book :thu:
That's good. Write the book and I might recommend it to clients. :wink:

Friday - vegged out in the recliner and watched TV
Saturday - had a garage sale to make some space since we recently moved into a house that is much smaller than our previous residence (but closer to work). Did some touch up paint on the hallway (one coat guarantee my ass:mad:).
Sunday - More touch up painting, this time in the living room. Also sold some extra appliances that were left behind by the previous owner of my house and finally made enough room in the garage to get both cars inside (which I am glad because someone broke into my wifes car friday night. She swears the car was locked so they must have had one of those gadgets that can unlock remote entry cars since there was no damage to the car).

Friday - My mum runs our local food pantry and since she took over the program she's done a fantastic job of sourcing donations and discounts for not only foodstuffs, but for the school breakfast program, the back-to-school drive, and the holiday giving events. One of the Kohls stores in the area stepped up in a BIG way and let us not only use an employee discount, but also their other promotions to buy nearly $3000 dollars worth of clothes for just above a 1/5th of that. Most of the clothes came from the clearance areas or on sale endcaps, so we're talking HUNDREDS of pieces of clothing for needing families to use as Christmas gifts. That took up the morning and most of the afternoon. Came home to a package from Hans Gruber, then waited for Ashlee to get off work and come over. We ordered Chinese from our favourite local take-out then watched some Bob's Burgers and went to bed early.

Saturday - I spent the morning listening to records and playing some Fallout 4 while Ashlee did some work and slept in. We ran errands in the afternoon, then met my Dad and step-mum for dinner after they finished their super rainy 5k. After that she watched Star Wars for the first time, in preparation for me dragging her ass to the upcoming Episode VII. :grin:

Sunday - Grabbed breakfast and got dog food. Ashlee went home and my D&D group came over; we played until about 7 p.m. After I ate dinner I started playing Star Wars Battlefront and had a blast. If you're on PS4 we should play together!

After I ate dinner I started playing Star Wars Battlefront and had a blast. If you're on PS4 we should play together!

Cool work that your mom is doing. :cool:

I've been wondering how good Star Wars Battlefront is after tepid reactions to the beta version. Our 14 year old grandson is a super Star Wars game geek and isn't sure if he wants it.

I've been wondering how good Star Wars Battlefront is after tepid reactions to the beta version. Our 14 year old grandson is a super Star Wars game geek and isn't sure if he wants it.

I didn't find time to look at it but my about to turn 15 son registered for the Beta and loved it. He has it in the top 2 of the list of games he would like on his Birthday/Christmas list, the other being Halo 5.

After that she watched Star Wars for the first time, in preparation for me dragging her ass to the upcoming Episode VII. :grin:

Judging by your weekend wrapup posts she seems pretty cool, but I don't know anymore.

My weekend was the same as ever. Guitars, fires, friends and food.

Well, I guess one extra out of the ordinary really cool thing happend. Went to the Lowes to get a vacuum cleaner. Got a nice bissel from the clearance section that was marked down from 179 to 89. When we got to the register it rang up for 52. That was pretty rad.

Judging by your weekend wrapup posts she seems pretty cool, but I don't know anymore.

She has several pretty nerdy friends, but none of her boyfriends or family members have been into it. She recognized certain phrases and scenes from memes and such, but had never watched it. She said that if she had watched it as a kid she'd have probably been really into it, but it was just good. We'll see how Empire goes over...

She has really done a great job with the pantry. She was able to get some grants and has really increased the scope of what the pantry can do; I think there are about 20 local businesses that donate additional food items on a weekly basis.

I didn't try the beta, but I'm really liking the gameplay, especially the X-Wing/TIE dogfight stages. They populate the skies with both players and AI so it feels just like a much larger and chaotic battle. I advanced 5 ranks last night just from dogfights.

Reactions: Tig
Friday: my wife's Aunt Hannie's funeral, which we attended with small children and without incident, followed by cycling through sleet to the notary to finalise a new mortgage, followed by Nice But Loud Kid for dinner.

Saturday: Ineffective attempts to humour and wrangle children.

Sunday: American Aquarium's tastefully reliced Americana at a gerontocratic secret-handshake venue in the middle of nowhere. (No cameras, no talking durin the show; two breaks for beer and meatballs; an audience at least as old as the opera we went to on Tuesday only with more plaid shirts.)

Cubano burger which is a 1/3 pound burger with ham, chorizo sausage, breaded pork, cheese, hot dog,chipotle mayo, avocado, jalapeños, egg, lettuce, tomato,onion & ketchup. All on the same burger. Excellent.
This is what it looks like.

cubano.jpg

:clap:

Friday - work and then ended up doing some unplanned shopping.

Saturday - went to a charity craft sale/bazaar and picked up some Fargin' Icehole BBQ sauce, some bacon ketchup and some fancy jellies to slop on top of cheese. And a few other things. Then had lunch at a craft brewery in Niagara Falls. I ended up having a fligh of four of their in house beers (pumpkin, lager, cream ale, porter). All were great.
I was supposed to go out and see the band but ended up staying home. My wife and daughter went. I had quiet time on the couch.

Sunday - slept in. Went to Niagara Falls, NY and picked up the RUSH R40 Blu-Ray with the Starman flashlight. Because, Starman flashlight... Had dinner and then saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra.

image.jpeg

Back