Weekend wrapup

Thursday - wedding gig
Friday - wedding gig
Saturday - 30th gig then sat int he hot tub until 6am drinking with the neighbours :facepalm:
Sunday - wedding gig (feeling rather fragile)
Tonight - Client meeting for another wedding gig

Needless to say I'm running on a combination of coffee, energy drinks and vapours at this point.

Worked on Saturday, got some new shoes today. Other than that, a very Metsie weekend, capped with an incredible seat watching the most important game of the season tonight with @smurfco

11817134_10206959100794215_4650525615250744848_n.jpg

11836798_827340690667553_3941435643485524536_n.jpg

Are you guys brothers?

Tweeked the hell out of my neck somehow, so I spent all weekend in pain no matter what I did or didn't do. The whole weekend was shot. Still hurts like hell but at least I'm getting paid to be miserable.

Thursday, I nearly cut my thumb off with a bandsaw. I drove myself to the ER and am scheduled to get my bone pinned and my tendon and possibly nerve reattached. The weekend was spent calling venues to cancel upcoming gigs and working out how to get through my day with only nine fingers. I work with people with disabilities during the school year, so it's been interesting to see how the adaptations actually work out. I'm in no pain, even without the pills, and it's my right thumb, so I'll hopefully get to finally learn PROPER pick grip and thumb picking once I get a clean slate with the fully-healed thumb my doctor is promising.

Pretty shitty overall, but I usually only post in the WW thread when we've had a great gig or something. I thought I was due for a bummer.

Thumb Mojo Chicken Man

The big event this week was taking the dog to the Vet for her annual checkup on Saturday. She had to get a shot and a blood test but she was remarkably good given the dozens of puppies that were there (there was a low cost shot clinic at the vet at that time as well). She also got some meds for her itching (she's been scratching like made and has worn off the fur on her feet in spots). The meds seem to be helping.

Sunday was a regular bike ride. It was windy, more so than in the last few weeks which slowed me down somewhat and tired me out a bit. I swear I had headwinds for 3/4 of the ride.

Thursday, I nearly cut my thumb off with a bandsaw. I drove myself to the ER and am scheduled to get my bone pinned and my tendon and possibly nerve reattached. The weekend was spent calling venues to cancel upcoming gigs and working out how to get through my day with only nine fingers. I work with people with disabilities during the school year, so it's been interesting to see how the adaptations actually work out. I'm in no pain, even without the pills, and it's my right thumb, so I'll hopefully get to finally learn PROPER pick grip and thumb picking once I get a clean slate with the fully-healed thumb my doctor is promising.

Pretty shitty overall, but I usually only post in the WW thread when we've had a great gig or something. I thought I was due for a bummer.
Yikes. Thumb mojo.

Back