Weekend wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Friday - pretty good gig. A friend of the band took a hilarious pic of me that is now my new Facebook profile pic:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438563700.769231.jpg

Saturday - work

Sunday - hung out. At a family pool party right now.

Gratuitous Jack pic from this morning:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438563828.568310.jpg

It's RibFest here in St Catharines all weekend.
It's Canal Days in Port Colborne all weekend.

Friday - work but it was pretty quiet. Everyone bails early on the Friday before a long weekend. Except me, but I'm already home. The grand kids came over for a swim and brought some friends. So, that was a fun afternoon.

Saturday - worked on the New Yorker. It needs some tail light wiring repair. Ran into some really tough bumper bolt nuts. So, I spent a few hours wrestling with those. Got em loose just before the storm hit.
Ate ribs for dinner.

Sunday - worked some more on the New Yorker. I got the wiring done and tested. Then, ran into issues getting the bumper back on. The holes wouldn't line up. I just took this thing off and now it won't line up. So, I took a file to the backing plate and got things to fit. I need to get new nuts and maybe new bolts for two of the mounting spots. I'll try and get the nuts at Home Desperate tomorrow. If I need bolts, I'll have to order them or check the Help! section at Canadian Tire.
Ate left over ribs for dinner.

The weekend continues tomorrow - I'll see if I can get the nuts I need to finish the bumper install. Then, see what the weather is like and maybe go to Canal Days.
Will probably eat left over ribs at some point.

Oh, we didn't go to RibFest. We made our own. :bacon:
With baby potatoes and green beans.

Thursday, I nearly cut my thumb off with a bandsaw. I drove myself to the ER and am scheduled to get my bone pinned and my tendon and possibly nerve reattached. The weekend was spent calling venues to cancel upcoming gigs and working out how to get through my day with only nine fingers. I work with people with disabilities during the school year, so it's been interesting to see how the adaptations actually work out. I'm in no pain, even without the pills, and it's my right thumb, so I'll hopefully get to finally learn PROPER pick grip and thumb picking once I get a clean slate with the fully-healed thumb my doctor is promising.

Pretty shitty overall, but I usually only post in the WW thread when we've had a great gig or something. I thought I was due for a bummer.

Worked Saturday, came home and did some laundry and puttered...watched the Mets win...

Today I did a bit of grocery shopping, mowed the lawn (for the last time until we get some friggin' rain), and cleaned out the fridge...

...the fridge is now pretty empty...

Now I'm watching the Mets beat the Nationals...

Friday: recovered from working 7-4 Thursday followed by midnight to 7am Friday.

Saturday: spot sprayed anthills in the yard, then sprayed Roundup on vines behind my property.

Sunday: sprayed yard to kill off spurge.

Thursday, I nearly cut my thumb off with a bandsaw. I drove myself to the ER and am scheduled to get my bone pinned and my tendon and possibly nerve reattached. The weekend was spent calling venues to cancel upcoming gigs and working out how to get through my day with only nine fingers. I work with people with disabilities during the school year, so it's been interesting to see how the adaptations actually work out. I'm in no pain, even without the pills, and it's my right thumb, so I'll hopefully get to finally learn PROPER pick grip and thumb picking once I get a clean slate with the fully-healed thumb my doctor is promising.

Pretty shitty overall, but I usually only post in the WW thread when we've had a great gig or something. I thought I was due for a bummer.
Ouch!!

My brother has done that a couple of times. Maybe not quite as bad.
He's got full use of his thumb and the flesh grew back to almost normal. You don't even notice it unless he points it out and even then it doesn't look as bad as it was when he first injured it.

He plays guitar too.

Here's hoping you have as good a healing.

west point c.jpg west point a.jpg west point b.jpg Friday-worked 8 hours then played my favorite redneck dive bar from 9-1

Saturday got up WAY to early and drove and hour and a half for one of those rare elusive Corporate shows. It was an afternoon show, We played outside under a tent on West Point lake. We played 2 sets and made almost 3 times our normal rate. i need MORE of these!

Sunday-did NOTHING
west point a.jpg west point b.jpg

Last edited:
Friday - Got a bike ride in and later worked on some tunes I needed to learn

Saturday - Played some guitar and worked on my mini pedalboard. In the afternoon I went and jammed with Orange County Blues Jammers.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/miniboard-v3-fill-in-the-blank-_____________.70785/

Sunday - Took Jr. to work and then got a bike ride in. Had a short nap and when I got up, left to go and jam with SCARF - Southern California Annual Rickenbacker Forum. It was a mini jam that the stringed instruments were only Rickenbacker Guitars and Basses

More Rics G.jpg
Ric Basses.jpg
Rics G.jpg

Ric Bass - S.jpg

Ric Jam 6.jpg

Fri. Stopped at the Mom & Pop for some cables. Went out to Devil's Lake Park for the Friday fish fry and sat and watched the acoustic duo, the owner of the Mom & Pop and one of the teachers, for a while. Beach music. I requested Free Bird, they ignored me. Went to work got stuck in a bus early and missed this weeks band.

Sat. Took wife to church, went over to GC and bought a cable. Went to a festival to support the Boys and Girls Club. Lots of bands. While we were there it was a high school emo band. Had to leave before a better band took the stage. Went to work, drove three runs for a wedding. Had to haul a load of drunks out of here for security.

Sun. Went to an Art & Ale Festival. One of the worst town festivals I've ever been to. From there we headed west to check out Governor Dodge State Park. Never been there. They had a waterfall,

1929254.jpg

And a nice beach,

governor_dodge2.jpg

Have to go back again some day when we have more time. Went to work. Moving my office due to reorganization. Now instead of shareing and office with one other person I have to share a smaller office with 2 people. I'll bet in 6-12 months they'll move us back to where we were.

Friday - got a ton of stuff done, including exercise, golf practice and errands.
Saturday - felt lousy in the morning and blew off my round of golf. :mad: Reorganized my "hobby closet" where I keep all my telescope and photography toys. Cooked/ate delicious steaks and wine. Watched McFarland, USA, was a little disappointed in it.
Sunday - cooked tasty fresh fish n' shrimp for mom and wife. Watched the Astros win again. Had a good run in the morning (and it was strangely cool - 75 deg f!!!)

Reactions: Tig
I didn't do much this weekend. Spent time at my girlfriend's parents house and helped paint and clean up there before they come home from vacation.

Friday - it was supposedly some type of special occasion that I can't bring myself to care about. It did open with my wife getting me a ticket to see Graham Nash in a rare solo concert on August 15th. I worked until 7:embarrassed:0 PM.

Saturday - worked in the morning, helped Carol with her monthly Nature Meditation group at church. We later went grocery shopping.

Sunday - it was my turn to lead the service at church, I did a talk on keeping positive. We had to go to Lowes afterward, then I just chilled out. We tried yet again to go to the open mic in Southbridge; this week not even the owner was there to run the sound. :rolleyes:

Healing mojo sent.

Friday - worked, then went to the remote office to turn in my unused supplies. Grabbed dinner and brought it back to the hotel, then starting packing to come home :cool:.

Saturday - drove to Hobby airport, flew home. Did pretty much nothing the rest of the time except watch Birdman with the Mrs.

Sunday - got my bearings, did some errands...not much else.

Crap! Heal up quickly, man!

Friday - Worked half day (usually off on Fridays), got home and did some recording
Saturday - Got up and cleaned out the Ranger, took pictures and put it up on craigslist. Spent the next 6 hours getting non-stop calls and emails about it, actually sold it within two hours of putting the ad up. Updated listing and the calls started to go away after a while. Went to see the sister-in-law who was in town with her family. Got home, went to check out a Rockabilly band that needs a bassist.
Sunday - Laundry and grocery shopping, then at 2:embarrassed:0 am a power line went down. ETA for repair is 48 hours.

Friday: Finished the prep work on my deck for resurfacing.

Saturday: Put first coat of stuff on my deck. It's 16 feet by 22 feet. Directions indicated a gallon should have covered it that's why I bought 5 gallons. 3 gallons later I finished the first coat. Couldn't apply the stuff during midday sun so I road my motorcycle for a few hours. That night, played guitar and drank whiskey.

Sunday: 7 1/2 gallons total later I finished my deck. In 5 to 7 days I can put my furniture back on it. That night had a whiskey and played guitar.

Back