Weekend wrapup

Friday: Dropped off a bunch of papers at the courthouse in the early afternoon. Chilled out....watch a movie. Early bedtime.

Saturday: Early AM run. Ran a few errands. Started running through some of the tunes for the Country band I am subbing for. it is going to take more work than I thought it would. Fairly quiet evening.

Sunday: I have not been doing enough trail running so I got up early to do a run in the foothills. It had rained part of the night and was just starting to sprinkle again when we started. So I did 8 miles in light to medium rain/sleet/snow in about 37 degree weather. It felt great but once I finished I was wet to the bone and really cold. Got a long, hot shower and nap when I got home. Had dinner and watched a movie with #1 daughter

Drove to The Canyon Club to see Al DiMeola with guest Steve Vai and it was sold out. So now I'm a luddite because I didn't want to pay the extra fees online for a service that actually takes less manpower. Kill me now.

Yes,you should be shot with a frozen ball of your own shit!

Took Mrs. T on a nice weekend get away in Gruene, TX, near New Braunfels. I used to go here growing up and almost moved here in the late 70's. Hell, it has become a tourist trap but fun can still be had if you time things right. We took back roads getting there to decompress from work and other junk.
17092986310_b814796b61_c.jpg

We saw Whiskey Myers play Friday night at Gruene Hall (Texas' oldest dance hall). While I'm not a huge fan, they are a great band to see live.
maxresdefault.jpg

17280519555_dd5cf440ac_c.jpg

We explored the area, shopped, and relaxed. Our bed and breakfast was a short walk to Gruene's but away from the noise and confusion.
17280512385_af97f0b422_c.jpg

guadalupe-river-reflections-paul-huchton.jpg

I had one of the best burgers in my life at the Gristmill. My dad almost bought the place in 1977 when it barely kept the doors open.
17280011871_1f83b885dc_b.jpg

17094323449_8c873fd5af_c.jpg

16660289303_b2eb787653_b.jpg

A crappy attempt at a panorama photo from our balcony overlooking the Guadalupe River.
17278719132_2af443dcdc_b.jpg

We saw a bunch of Great Horned Owls at dusk and into the night plus plenty of other birds.

A rare multi-generation family owned hardware store.
17092987920_53579f593b_b.jpg

Wow.....Great pictures...

I'm sure you could be doing that for a living.....

Perfect................

Reactions: Tig
Friday - went on mini getaway with the girlfriend to Bedford, PA. Spent time at Shawnee State Park, found a beautiful spot by the lake and proposed. It's now official and my guitar fund is now at an all time low :) Celebrated by taking a hike around the lake and then having a nice dinner at a historic tavern called Jean Bonnet Tavern. It's in the national register of historic places...built in the 1760's. The aged steak was excellent and we got to see a few Revolutionary War re-enactors as well.

Saturday - walked around Bedford. They have some cool shops there including Bedford Banjo Shop. They sell guitars as well as banjos so I wanted to see what they had. Almost walked out with an old Kramer guitar that was priced at $90 but refrained. It needed quite a bit of TLC and I don't have the time yet for another project. Ate lunch at a cool restaurant called Horn O Plenty. Ordered a Reuben sandwich and it was one of the most unique takes on the sandwich that I have ever had. It was really good. They used in-house smoked pastrami, homemade sauerkraut, bread and cheese and for an alternate take on Thousand Island dressing, they used a beet dressing. After that, we drove out to the Flight 93 Memorial which was extremely sad and brought back quite a few memories of 9/11. The area is still under construction but it will look really nice when it's done. We want to go back in a year or two to see it completed. For dinner we ate at a really good place called the 10/09 Kitchen. The wild caught salmon was excellent. That evening I got to open my birthday presents and one of them was a Xotic BB preamp. My fiancé is a keeper :)

Sunday - Took the scenic way home. On the way, we stopped at Warriors Path State Park and ate a picnic lunch and did a little hiking. Later that afternoon, I finished up my assignment for my Accounting course and worked on some other school work. One more week of assignments and I'm officially done on May 1.

Friday - Like @micwalt I had a lame gig.

The rest of the weekend I did nothing but play PS4... I got an invite to the Elder Scrolls Online beta for consoles which expired this morning, so I just got in as much play time as I could. Discovered a couple of bugs and glitches, and also crashed the program a few times, so I hope my data helps. And of course, since Sunday, GAME OF THRONES!

With the event band? Gig report?
It was an ARENA gig. Played the Kids' Expo at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. There were thousands of people at the event, but by the time we went on, there was hardly anyone left.
When they're deflating the bouncy houses, and the band is still playing, it's pretty sad.
Plus we were facing west at 4:30-5:embarrassed:0-ish, so the sun was right in our faces. Then the band hung me out to dry on a segue--I was the only one playing for a second there.
And it was NOT a paying gig.
I reiterate, I've about had it.

It was an ARENA gig. Played the Kids' Expo at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. There were thousands of people at the event, but by the time we went on, there was hardly anyone left.
When they're deflating the bouncy houses, and the band is still playing, it's pretty sad.
Plus we were facing west at 4:30-5:embarrassed:0-ish, so the sun was right in our faces. Then the band hung me out to dry on a segue--I was the only one playing for a second there.
And it was NOT a paying gig.
I reiterate, I've about had it.
Ouch. Been there done that. No fun.

Is the other band kind of raising your expectations a bit?

Not only am I putting you on Ignore, I'm personally Reporting you to Mark Wein for fecal abuse. Long term whining will ensue and he hates that.
Whoa! Hang on a sec, I think the crazy Canuck might be onto something here.

My oldest son and his best friend that we adopted (did I tell you guys we adopted a 16 year old kid?) Just went out and got themselves each a whole paintball set up. They got the big gnarly looking machine gun looking thingamahigs and all the body armor and crap that goes with being a weekend paintball green beret.

Based on some of the pranks we used to pull when I was a kid, this sounds like something we could have only dreamed of in my day.

Sure, flaming dog turds on the front porch and TP'ing houses are tried and true classics, but think of the glorious possibilities here!

Tell me you wouldn't love to grab 3 or 4 of your buds at 16, and perform a drive-by frozen shitball apocalypse on the house where that Jocko asshole that swirlied you in the locker room lives?

Just don't be a dipshit and put it on YouTube.

This is Freudian brilliance on TP's part. He may have just changed the game for generations to come.

Bless you sir, bless you.

Btw, "Frozen Shitball Apocalypse" MTR.

Took Mrs. T on a nice weekend get away in Gruene, TX, near New Braunfels. I used to go here growing up and almost moved here in the late 70's. Hell, it has become a tourist trap but fun can still be had if you time things right. We took back roads getting there to decompress from work and other junk.
17092986310_b814796b61_c.jpg

We saw Whiskey Myers play Friday night at Gruene Hall (Texas' oldest dance hall). While I'm not a huge fan, they are a great band to see live.
maxresdefault.jpg

17280519555_dd5cf440ac_c.jpg

We explored the area, shopped, and relaxed. Our bed and breakfast was a short walk to Gruene's but away from the noise and confusion.
17280512385_af97f0b422_c.jpg

guadalupe-river-reflections-paul-huchton.jpg

I had one of the best burgers in my life at the Gristmill. My dad almost bought the place in 1977 when it barely kept the doors open.
17280011871_1f83b885dc_b.jpg

17094323449_8c873fd5af_c.jpg

16660289303_b2eb787653_b.jpg

A crappy attempt at a panorama photo from our balcony overlooking the Guadalupe River.
17278719132_2af443dcdc_b.jpg

We saw a bunch of Great Horned Owls at dusk and into the night plus plenty of other birds.

A rare multi-generation family owned hardware store.
17092987920_53579f593b_b.jpg
My sister lives in New Braunfels, and I have stayed there twice to see the F1 race at COTA. Both time we ate at Gristmill, (the first time Willy Nelson was playing at the bar next door). I will be heading there again this October and I'm looking forward to it.

Friday - went on mini getaway with the girlfriend to Bedford, PA. Spent time at Shawnee State Park, found a beautiful spot by the lake and proposed. It's now official and my guitar fund is now at an all time low :) Celebrated by taking a hike around the lake and then having a nice dinner at a historic tavern called Jean Bonnet Tavern.

Congrats!

Ouch. Been there done that. No fun.

Is the other band kind of raising your expectations a bit?
They're two very different bands, so I don't think so.
There just isn't any reason that this band shouldn't be playing more/better shows.

Not only am I putting you on Ignore, I'm personally Reporting you to Mark Wein for fecal abuse. Long term whining will ensue and he hates that.
You would actually put me on ignore???

I have very little faith left in man kind and you're going to take what little I have left away...

Thanks...

You go right ahead...........

You would actually put me on ignore???

I have very little faith left in man kind and you're going to take what little I have left away...

Thanks...

You go right ahead...........

I can't read what you're saying because you're on Ignore for fecal abuse.

Back