Grand Poobah
Staff member
No gigs.

Friday - girl drink at dinner:

1908179_10153326575732425_5874233697205652221_n.jpg

tortured the dog:

11081274_10153326918702425_2782758750244732044_n.jpg

Saturday: work

Sunday: bowling. practicing for next Saturdays gig.

Also very excited that my Truefire workshop opened this week for business: http://truefire.com/workshops/workshop_details.html?room=markwein~2

11156384_10153328264972425_7635704529452364030_n.jpg

Pretty normal for me...

Worked Friday and Saturday, did some laundry and chore stuff...

Sunday I put my new recumbant exercise bike together...I think assembling it was a better work out than riding it will be...

Reactions: Tig
Pretty normal here as well

We did go out to dinner with some friends which was quite fun even if their teenagers were bored (especially the younger girl the boy at least was engaged in some of the conversation)

The wif is giving a presentation in the Bay Area tomorrow, so I helped her put together the handouts and slideshow yesterday. Today I skied boot top powder until my legs cried for mercy. I should try to squeeze in some music now. :)

Friday - Played a gig with the Heart band in a venue close to home (for once)

Saturday - Stayed at home and did some honey do's. Did some 1/87th modeling as well along with watching some bball playoffs.

Sunday - small honey do's and then watched the Clippers even up the series with San Antonio - Go CLIPS!!!

Friday - Worked from home, then dropped my work van off at the local body shop, as it had gotten rear ended for the second time in a month :facepalm:. By a 2014 Lincoln MKX :grin:...played my new guitar...

Saturday - Miserable cold/wind/rain November weather...Worked out. Had breakfast. Played my new guitar unplugged in the kitchen :embarrassed:. Did some inside work. Took shower, took nap. Made dinner, then watched the Blackhawks eliminate the Preds - and played my new guitar during the intermissions...

Sunday - Nice day...made breakfast, then mowed the lawn. Took a showerand ran some errands. Played new guitar only briefly :(. Watched GoT/MM.

Drove to The Canyon Club to see Al DiMeola with guest Steve Vai and it was sold out. So now I'm a luddite because I didn't want to pay the extra fees online for a service that actually takes less manpower. Kill me now.

Did laundry, played with the kids, went out for dinner. Drove through a snowstorm in the Rockies, which felt very weird.

Friday: was too long ago, if anything exciting happened, I'd probably remember, but I haven't got a clue.

Saturday, stayed home all day while Mrs OGG went and met her biological dad for the first time ever in person and visited for a few hours before they all followed her back to our house so me and the kids could meet him as well. They stayed and hung out until late in the evening, but I had band practice at 630 and had to bail.

Band practice went well, I didn't have to play drums, and my newly repaired JC 77 didn't shock me anymore when I touched the mic and guitar at the same time, which was nice. It may be my imagination, but I swear the amp sounded better, cleaner, and louder. Could a new 3 prong cable replacing the old one with the ground broken off actually do that? I don't know shit about electronics, so I have no idea.

Today, we all went down to Kristy's father and step mom's house and hung out, had a bbq, and I got to know her dad pretty well. He's an incredibly nice man, and I had a lot of fun talking with him. It's still all sinking in that my wife suddenly has a whole family she never knew, and I in turn, have in laws.

Crazy.

But they are wonderful people and I'm so glad that this whole thing worked out the way it did.

Took Mrs. T on a nice weekend get away in Gruene, TX, near New Braunfels. I used to go here growing up and almost moved here in the late 70's. Hell, it has become a tourist trap but fun can still be had if you time things right. We took back roads getting there to decompress from work and other junk.
17092986310_b814796b61_c.jpg

We saw Whiskey Myers play Friday night at Gruene Hall (Texas' oldest dance hall). While I'm not a huge fan, they are a great band to see live.
maxresdefault.jpg

17280519555_dd5cf440ac_c.jpg

We explored the area, shopped, and relaxed. Our bed and breakfast was a short walk to Gruene's but away from the noise and confusion.
17280512385_af97f0b422_c.jpg

guadalupe-river-reflections-paul-huchton.jpg

I had one of the best burgers in my life at the Gristmill. My dad almost bought the place in 1977 when it barely kept the doors open.
17280011871_1f83b885dc_b.jpg

17094323449_8c873fd5af_c.jpg

16660289303_b2eb787653_b.jpg

A crappy attempt at a panorama photo from our balcony overlooking the Guadalupe River.
17278719132_2af443dcdc_b.jpg

We saw a bunch of Great Horned Owls at dusk and into the night plus plenty of other birds.

A rare multi-generation family owned hardware store.
17092987920_53579f593b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty low-key weekend for me.
Friday - work, chilled at home after.
Saturday - I only had one morning appointment, then Carol and I went to BJ's. (I am still disappointed. :embarrassed:ops:) We came home and chilled out for the evening.
Sunday - Church in the morning, chilled at home after. I have started plans for a series of free concerts at libraries in Central and Western Massachusetts with hopes of culling a live CD from the shows. I'm excited about this project.

Friday night volunteered at my kid's school to setup for their annual family game night. They had maybe 1/4th of the kids at it as they did last year. Then some friends and their kids came over and hung out for a while.

Sat nothing much during the day, but went to my neighbors and watched some baseball.

Sunday went to my daughters track meet, then had their service club over to cut out denim patterns to make shoes for kids in Africa. It was a little too difficult for them to cut so I did a ton of cutting yesterday. We cut enough for 21 shoes, so that is pretty cool.

Friday - worked. Fell asleep on the couch with the grandkids in the room. Dinner. Not much else.
Saturday - ran a couple of errands. Took the wife's Challenger out for a gunk-burning boot. Went out to see the band. Early night.
Sunday - had the house to myself for the afternoon. I had planned to build a pedal, but ran into a snag. So, I re-jigged the home network and moved some stuff around to get my home server off of the back bar.
Ordered pizza and wings for dinner from a new place. We have a new favourite. They have jumbo wings and they cook them just right and the pizza is great. They use real strips of smoky bacon. Delicious.

Wilco, eating & drinking, watched a lot of baseball & basketball, golf.

The golf course was infested with mosquitos yesterday. I'm going to be scratchin' like a dawg all week. Eventually got a hit of repellant at the turn but a lot of damage had been done by then.

Wilco, eating & drinking, watched a lot of baseball & basketball, golf.

The golf course was infested with mosquitos yesterday. I'm going to be scratchin' like a dawg all week. Eventually got a hit of repellant at the turn but a lot of damage had been done by then.

I ordered an extra helping of mosquitoes just for you since I couldn't go to the Wilco concert. :grin:

Speaking of, I wore my Wilco T-shirt at a concert Friday night and a few guys from both band commented on it. That's when you know you are in the right place listening to the right band. :cool:
127627F.JPG

I ordered an extra helping of mosquitoes just for you since I couldn't go to the Wilco concert. :grin:

Speaking of, I wore my Wilco T-shirt at a concert Friday night and a few guys from both band commented on it. That's when you know you are in the right place listening to the right band. :cool:
127627F.JPG

:cool:

I bought a Wilco tee at the show so I could change out of my work shirt. :tongue:

Back