Weekend wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Friday - family dinner..nothing too exciting

Saturday - work and then gig at the Blue Beet. Ended up being pretty fun night since it was packed the entire time.

Sunday - recovery..mailed out my Reverend to its new home in Italy and started planning a new iPad centered recording setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And meat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419209243.967757.jpg

No meat for me. :grin:

I had a quiet weekend. Friday was work, then home. I did download Ableton to my home computer but haven't begun to work with it.

Saturday - Work until noon, then went with Carol to Amherst to pick up some stuff she had printed and to get Indian food. Came home and chilled.

Sunday - Church in the morning and took it easy, Carol and I ran through the music and readings for the church service we are doing in a few weeks.

I've not done the weekend wrapup before...

Friday...Took the afternoon off work and went Christmas grocery shopping...Spent the evening drinking and cleaning...
Saturday...My Mom and two youngest daughters came over and we blasted music,ate spaghetti and apple crisp..Stayed up way too late....
Sunday...I'm the first one up cooking back bacon,scrambled eggs,hash browns and toast...They eat and my Mom takes off.......A few hours later I make grilled cheese and tomato soup for my girls...They shower and take me out to show me my middle daughters' new car...

About to have a steak,baked potato,etc..
The end..

Happy Holidays...............

A weekend of chill...

Friday - Played some guitar and watched the idiot box.

Saturday - Honey Do's then in the late afternoon went to a private jam with some friends.

Sunday - took Jr to work, some honey do's, 5 mile bike ride, watched some football, nap and nothing else.

Friday off. Shopping and took Mrs. T to lunch between the rain drops.

Saturday, slept in for a total of 10 hours. It has been over 2 months since I've done that! Enjoyed down time at home.

Sunday, rode the single speed 29'er MTB for 2 grueling, very muddy laps on the local ex-golf course where some friends created a cyclocross course. I was covered in mud but not to Belgian standards. It was a blast!

-So for the last few days I was helping the step kids in keeping secret the plan to have all the grand kids in a photo to give to Mrs. T. It went off without a hitch until The Stupidest Man In The World (step son) texted Mrs. T a photo of him and the twins... In a portrait gallery! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

15890186107_b84f480395_c.jpg

Now she has to play along with the surprise.

Last edited:
Friday-worked right at 13 hours. I;ll be very glad when Christmas is over
Saturday- rested,picked up a ham for Sunday's festivities
Sunday-had Christmas with my family,and gave presents to the Grandkids. It was ossum watching them tear open the presents,THAT is what Christmas is about for me

oh yea, I also watched the Falcons kick the shit out of New Orleans!!! The Falcons suck this season,but they DID knock the Aints out of the playoffs and that is just 9 kinds of cool for me

Friday - quiet work day. Went to have annual check up and was unpleasantly surprised with a bit of news that needs follow up. Nothing major, and not uncommon considering my advancing age, but still troubling after years of no issues.

Saturday - finally put up the tree. Tele+ little Marshall = fun :cool:. Watched Blackhawks lose, then took wife to see daughter's show for the second time at Donny's at Second City. That show was when the day-long suppressed panic attacks finally stopped...

Sunday - slept in. Ate a horribly unhealthy breakfast, followed by Tele + DSL5, then watching the Bears lose, a nap, then the Blackhawks win. Ate a horribly unhealthy dinner, which will be my last non-holiday binge for quite awhile.

Gigging, gigging and then some more gigging.

Friday night was the last in a run of Christmas party nights in a fancy venue with upmarket corporate clients. They've been a total pain to work with and one of the other DJs let us down badly on the night so I had a lot of runnign around to do to make sure that everything ran smoothly and the venue didn't realise there was an issue at our end.

Saturday I was at Ibrox which is the stadium my football team play at for a supporters club party night. Had this not been the week the manager (and to many of us - the last link between what the club was and the shambles that it is now) handed in his notice to quit it would probably have been a really good night but it had more the atmosphere of a wake not a party night.

Last night was my last gig of the year. Sunday night at the Holiday Inn for a bunch of gym members. On paper I'd have said this was the worst of the lot but come 1am a good bunch of them that didnt have work today were still going at it and would have probably kept going.

So yeah I'm now officially on holiday which means I'm soon heading into town to get some last minute presents and catch up on a weekend's missed drinking :embarrassed:

Friday night - gigged, Absolutely cracking night. Thread with pics here.

Saturday - Ached all day. I'd had a stinking cough and cold all the way up to Friday's gig and I got through it with Sinutabs and throat lozenges. I think this was payback from my body for overdoing it. Did a few chores and some shopping.

Sunday - Took son and his friend's to a gaming cafe to go and virtually kill things for his birthday bash. Ordered Dominos pizza and a good time was had by all.

Saturday, went to Walmart for last minute stuff :eggs for deviled eggs, black walnuts for fudge, etc. for Sunday, Christmas at my Mom in law's. So, I go past these Christmas shirts and think I should get one for wife. She has watched the movie Elf about a billion times. Then I decide, I'll get myself one too, and we will match. I get a small for her, and a medium for me. Only look at the size on the hangers, not the tag on the shirts. Ended up with two smalls. Pic is at our house, before I gorged myself on ham, turkey, yams, pie, hello dolly cookies...

Sunday:

bob.jpg

Friday, worked...

Saturday, worked, puttered around the house...

Sunday, packed up a sold guitar, not much else...tired...

Friday - quiet work day. Went to have annual check up and was unpleasantly surprised with a bit of news that needs follow up. Nothing major, and not uncommon considering my advancing age, but still troubling after years of no issues.
Mojo on the Erectile Dysfunction...:grin:

Friday - work and ran some errands
Saturday - stuff around the house, a nap, and then out to see the band's last show before Christmas
Sunday - stuff around the house, bought an amp, noodled for 2 hours.

Went to Newport for the Boat Parade. Stayed at the Balboa Inn. Boarded the boat at 7:15, shoved off at 7:30, then spent the next hour-and-a-half cruising around Lido Isle and checking out all the lit-up boats and houses (and drinking hot, buttered rum).
Did a partially submerged boat ride on Sunday morning--kinda like a super-cool glass-bottomed boat--then drove home. Spent the rest of the day watching TV and chillin'.

Friday - work then Hobbit then extremely greasy burger at Denny's

Saturday - classes over for semester, girlfriend out of town, no chores = Netflix all day

Sunday - played some neglected guitars and made tons of noise. More Netflix and football.

Chicago with the family-in-law. Packing up to leave in about an hour. Both wife and baby were sick, so I spent most of the time doting on them in the suite, but we got to see the family, got out to an improv show, and ate some really good Chicago style pizza (which I usually don't care for). Tonight I do a final mix-down on two tracks for a friend's Christmas compilation, and tomorrow I repair the roof at a rental property and finish building my kid's Christmas present (a rocking horse).

Went to Newport for the Boat Parade. Stayed at the Balboa Inn. Boarded the boat at 7:15, shoved off at 7:30, then spent the next hour-and-a-half cruising around Lido Isle and checking out all the lit-up boats and houses (and drinking hot, buttered rum).
Did a partially submerged boat ride on Sunday morning--kinda like a super-cool glass-bottomed boat--then drove home. Spent the rest of the day watching TV and chillin'.
We could have hooked up! My gig on Saturday was down there...

Back