Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Friday - gig at The Pint House...great crowd and we played pretty well.

8arazute.jpg

Saturday - worked, shot video for Trufire and then watched Thenfirst two Harry Potter movies with my kids for the first time

Sunday - edited the video shot on Saturday, ran errands and whatnot.

Friday- went with my sister in law to see Phantogram. Pretty good show even though I had never heard of them

Saturday- went to my parents to fix their computers

Sunday- hosted our kids service club group again. Then got bored, browsed EBay and reverb, then bought a pedal. By the end of this week, I should be all set on my gear for the next year

friday: worked
saturday: out in the woods hunting fall colors (photography)
sunday: the same......too lazy to go thru the pics today.....i'll get to it. i'm being lazy because i really don't think there's very much there. we'll see.

no playing this weekend.....well....except sitting on my couch :facepalm:

Lemme tell you about my weekend. :mad:

After spending the night with his friend, oldest son decides he wants to go to a haunted house 40 minutes away with same friend and another kid. :mad:

I get chauffeur duty. :mad:

The haunted house is apparently a really big deal. It's really popular. What better time to go than on a Saturday night two weeks before Halloween? :mad:

Here's the line of cars:

An hour after I drop them off, I'm killing time before I go pick them up. I get a call from my wife. My son's friend locked his dad out of the house and has the key. :mad:

I spend another hour driving through an unfamiliar, not-nice part of town, back to the haunted house. I get the key and drive it back to the dad. Did I mention it was 40 minutes away? :mad:

No hurry, though. They waited in line for 3 hours before they got to go inside. :mad:

We were home at 3:embarrassed:0am :mad:

There are literally no obscenities sufficient to express my disgust.

Last edited:
Had my last gig of the year on Thursday and it was a late night. Came home from work on Friday and slept.

Lessons on Saturday.

Ran around today. Pictures to be framed. Groceries. Bought the crib. Finally got my drummer's kit out of my living room. Finally removed the air conditioner from the window. Up to S in the cd ripping effort. 93gb.

Friday - nothing.
Saturday - went out and saw the band.
Sunday- short cruise in the NewYorker and then tried to go to our favourite Thai place, which had moved to Niagara Falls, and we now know is closed on Sundays.
Ended up going to a Chinese food place where you write the numbers of what you want on a slip of paper. The food was fresh and pretty good, but I'll never go back. We felt like we were putting them out for showing up for dinner.
Planned my Halloween costume....maybe.

Cool stories,(outings)...Always cool to hear about people that are out and about...

I love hearing success stories about kids...and the hum drum...

One of my girls is in her fourth year at Acadia University and just bought her first car on her own.

I'm alone now and feeling a bit down...Just a bit...

Saturday-fixed my in laws water heater. Grocery shopped and lunch out with my wife. Drove a half hour to our favorite pizza place only to find they were closed for the day due to mechanical issues. Stinks when you got your heart set on something and get shot down.
Sunday-loafed a lot. Guitar on couch while half way watching a bunch of Bar Rescue episodes. Had home made chicken dumpling soup at the inlaws tonight-damn good!!

A series of unexpected events...

Friday - worked. Was informed of an instant and definitely not expected negative financial hit, daughter-related :facepalm:, so that kind of wrecked my mood.

Saturday - cool, gray, crappy day outside. Cleaned up some lingering "paperwork" at home, then ran some errands. Wife cooked us a nice Sveedish Day dinner :). Watched Blackhawks win while drinking one of the most vile-tasting non-IPA brews I've ever had.

Sunday - breakfast. Did some more house- and work-related work. Had an unexpected visit from a local law enforcement officer: apparently, someone in another state saw one of my items up for sale online, and claimed it was stolen from him four years ago, and his PD contacted my PD...good thing I have the GC receipt, but out of courtesy for the PDs, I voluntarily took it down for the time being :messedup:

Watched the Bears game ( :chow: ).

While wife and sis-in-law were out to take SIL to a Halloween party, I played some serious guitar, and realized that a gear-related honeymoon has come to an unexpectedly sad end :(. More about that later and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Friday-worked,got an hour OT

Saturday drove an hour each way for a gig that payed $100 a man. the load in was tough, the wiring in the building was horrible and we had sound and equipment issues all nite. To make it even better we are a modern country band that was booked into a biker bar and we went over like a fart in church the first set . We were able to win the crowd over by converting into a Classic Rock band and by playing the stalest over played songs that every cover band has played since 1970. our goal was to make it Thru the Night and we limped thru three sets of garbage that filled the dance floor and made the bikers happy. EVERY song we bitch about playing on this forum was played last nite lol

Sunday-watch the Falcons suck balls

scott.....last weekend we got the "skynyrd" shout.....and so we played "call me the breeze"....but we did JJ Cale's original version....ha ha ha

Had to point this out: why does Mark's expression look like he just spotted someone that owes him money? :grin:
Cause everyone owes me money?

:embarrassed:

We put the kid to work putting plates on my wife's company car:

a6edu7yp.jpg

And yeah, the plates go to her company and not us so I'm not worried about showing it....

Friday - Worked on one of my amps in anticipation of a jam party on Saturday.

Saturday - Went to a private jam party in the IE. Never been to Wildomar until this past weekend. Mrs. Saint and I had a great time!

Sunday - Watched some football, we cleaned some very dirty blinds and then Mrs. Saint wanted to go to the movie "Girl Gone". Boy that was a very disturbing movie....

Fri. Got up and went to Menard's to get a new disc sander(Porter-Cable) and a couple of pieces of Oak 1x2. Went home and sanded the parts for a bookshelf I'm building. Some friends wanted the wife and I to join then at a fund raising dinner for a local fire department. Wife was working and I wasn't going to go but somehow got talked into it. Went home took a nap and went to work. About 3:embarrassed:0 a.m. I drove a trip to the airport in Madison for Badger Honor Flight. Badger Honor Flight is a group that charters planes and takes WWII veterns to Washington,D.C. to see their memorial.

Sat. Got up went out to the show and worked on the bookcase. Glued up some pieces and did a lot of sanding. Went to the store to get some supper. Took a nap and went to work where I had one of "those"nights. It was just one thing after another.

Sun. Woke up about 12 minutes into the second quarter of the Packer game. Watched the rest, then went out into the shop to sand somemore boards. Took wife to church in Madison. Got pizza at Pizza De Roma. Went home watched "Treehouse Of Horror". Took a nap and came to work where I am now.

Friday - pretty good day at school and the office, though my lecture on alcohol brought up the deaths of my brother and sister. It made me realize how much I miss them. Carol and I went to dinner at a local place that is remodeling and we had a, then went to a shogood and decent -priced meal.

Saturday - Worked 8 - 1 at the office, came home and did some laundry, then went to a show. A woman did a tribute to Patsy Cline, along with some biographical info. She did a great job sounding like Patsy, I must say. I do wonder why we have so many tribute acts that are popular around here. I may start billing myself as a Gary Blanchard tribute show. :embarrassed:

Sunday - Went to church; Carol and I had our debut as ushers. Do you know we don't get to keep what we collect? :embarrassed:ops: o_O I had to attend a meeting right after with the minister and a fellow church member about problems at a halfway house the church helps to support. Made a trip to the grocery store on the way home, then took it easy. I did take each guitar down from the wall and play a little bit. I am in a writing dry spell and am hoping to get the creative juices flowing again.

Cause everyone owes me money?

:embarrassed:

We put the kid to work putting plates on my wife's company car:

a6edu7yp.jpg

And yeah, the plates go to her company and not us so I'm not worried about showing it....

You should have turned him loose under the hood. :grin:
Mom, Dad? Try it now... You should have ludicrous speed available in 5th gear and higher.

Got my nerd on Saturday, and did a bunch of computer stuff I had been putting off. Had to sanitize an old Vista laptop so we can give it away. I told my wife I am not the geek squad and I never want to see that fucking POS laptop again in my life (it has been a real lemon), but stand by for my enraged thread when she asks me to help her friend set it up anyway.

Also got the new OS loaded on my Mac without issues, and played around with it for a while. Ordered some new external hard drives to get backups going for us and for my mom (the one I have been using has gotten twitchy).

Sunday had a great run, cooked paella, played the hell out of this ping-pong game I put on the iPad. Sounds lame I know but it really is an amazing game.

Back