Weekend Wrapup

Friday - worked after coming home really late from Evansville, IN. Picked up a layaway I had at GC...:embarrassed:.

Saturday - puttered around the house and messed with item from above layaway for awhile...:embarrassed:. Took SIL to pick up daughter and go to White Sox game.

Sunday - Mowed lawn. Cleaned up, then took wife to a small fest in the country, then finally discovered the wonders of Costco about 10-15 years after I should have rolleyes1. Watching Bears-SF, and thanking the solar gods that hockey season is around the corner...

Friday - off. Went to the handmade market, bought nothing. I REALLY wanted to buy a money clip with a picture of Christopher Walken picture on it. Ya know, for my Walken around money..
Then we went to the Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto. It's pretty cool. And they do Friday night jazz nights.
A stop into an a Irish pub for a pint and a few snacks and then we hit the road home.

Saturday - went out for breakfast and then to St Mary's, ON to Evan's Touch A Truck charity event for ChildCan. Lots of fun for the kids. The O.P.P. Golden Helmets precision motorcycle team performed and then lined up in the park with all of the trucks.
I think I could put on ache it's event called Honk The Horn and do just as well as a touch the truck event. Sure it's fun for kids to climb up I to the cab of a fire truck,or a hay harvester, or a semi, it all they really want to do is lean on the horn..
Then home to get ready to go to my friend's house for dinner. After dinner, he put a bottle of Longmorn 15-year old scotch in front of me with about 10 shots in it. He had one shot and then switched to beer. I finished it for him. I wasn't driving.

Sunday - nothing. Watched Seven Psychopaths in the afternoon, Iron Man 2 after dinner.

my weekend is pretty much summed up in the "first gig report" thread.

the rest of the weekend consisted of grilling food and drinking.....well and getting in the woods....but that's every weekend.

Friday: ate empanadas and watched baseball.

Saturday: lessons. dropped off my Ibanez at 30th St Guitars in Manhattan. Came back to Astoria and picked up this week's coffee. Got free tix to the Mets game and watched them get pummelled.

Sunday: Weekly BABBY PREPARATION continues. Today, my small dresser was moved out of our bedroom and replaced with my amps. In the next week the bookshelf in my bedroom will move out in exchange for my computer desk. Still working on where I'm going to put the actual guitars...

Friday - Ate some good Fish & Chips on the way home. Chilled out the rest of the evening with my guitar.

Saturday - Ran in the early AM. Then went to a festival/car show. Chilled in the afternoon and had a gig in the evening.

Sunday - Took #1 daughter to church, did some chores, took #1 daughter to see a friends dance performance. Went to church. Went for a nice hike.

Last edited:
Back to fall youth baseball. Good weekend at the park but no time for anything else.

I'm really having a hard time adjusting to not being a coach anymore. It's making me a lot sadder than I expected. :(

Spent early Saturday morn getting leaves off my roof and gutters with a rake and leaf blower. Spent early Saturday afternoon cleaning up up the mess I made.
Today, gave the dog a long needed bath, washed my SUV, and bugged King Weiner about his upcoming gigs.

Back to fall youth baseball. Good weekend at the park but no time for anything else.

I'm really having a hard time adjusting to not being a coach anymore. It's making me a lot sadder than I expected. :(
Can you not "consult"? Heck, out here in Cali we have people who do nothing but work with athletes in the off seasons.

Last edited:
Watched Seven Psychopaths in the afternoon...
Sounds like a typical day at my office. :rim:

Friday - I got up at 6:embarrassed:0 AM, showered, dressed, and drove 2.5 hours to Hyannis for the Cape Cod Symposium on Addictive Disorders. It is a Thursday night through Sunday morning event, but, since I was away the end of August and will be away the end of September for conferences, I just went for one day. I arrived about 8:30 and had to register at the conference, so I missed the morning plenary. (Well, I missed 1.5 CEU's; from what I heard I didn't miss much information.) I then attended 2 workshops, our MAADAC Board meeting (as President I needed to be there, thus the trip to the Cape). After that I attended a dinner program presented by Alkermes, the company that makes the drug Vivitrol, which is used to treat alcohol and opiate dependence. Since counseling for people involved in medication assisted recovery is my specialty, I try to keep up with the medicines and providers. That ended about 8:30, then I drove the 2.5 hours back home, arriving about 11:embarrassed:0 PM. There I found my new Luna Neo guitar. All I could do was open the box to be sure it was okay.

Saturday - First appointment at my office was 8:embarrassed:0 AM. messedup0 Saw clients until 2:embarrassed:0 PM, then went home and took a nap, something I rarely do. I chilled out after that, though did go to the grocery store.

Sunday - Went to church in the morning, talked to several performers in the coffee hour to tie up loose ends for the Peace Concert next week. One of them, Dennis, came over to the house to rehearse two songs that he is going to play acoustic lead guitar for. Then I got a chance to plug in the Neo. I love it; it sounds fuller to me than the Tele-copy. It just needs a little adjustment to get it right and I need to replace the design under the pickguard to customize it. :hippie:

Did some fun cooking and eating and drinking, yet didn't overindulge. Pretty hard to strike that balance... :tongue:

Watching football was good, both Aggies and Texans were winners. Playing golf, well, not one of my better rounds but at least the weather was cooler.

Also had an extended nature moment watching hummingbirds in the back yard.

I had an active weekend, and besides my body aching all over, I feel better than I have done for a while

Friday: played 5-a-side football in the evening. My shins are black and blue
Saturday: Shopping and doing things around the house
Sunday: Swimming in the morning with daughter, then cutting the front and back lawn, weeding the garden and stripping down a huge rose bush in the back garden (getting pricked by thorns numerous times) and going for a run in the evening.

Friday off. Worked on the bike and replaced the chain that tried to kill me. OK, maim me. Cooked up a big batch of spaghetti with ground turkey.
Got the Civic inspection sticker and oil changed. Those a-holes wanted to change the cabin A/C air filter for $45 fucking bucks?! I declined and bought one on Amazon for $8, and a Fram air filter for $13, free delivery. :grin:

Saturday was drizzle and nasty. Enjoyed staying indoors with the family. Had the eldest grand daughter visit overnight.

Sunday, rode for just 1 1/2 hour. Too much pain in my hip joints and ribs from last week's crash. Watched some NFL and we went to the youngest grand daughter's 5th birthday party.

Last edited:
Fri - My band played at a bar that has recently re-opened under new management. Place was packed before we started, so the energy was great going in and just got better throughout the show. There was a guy at the front table who was from Jamaica so everytime we played a Bob Marley tune, he would yell "BOB MARLEY!!!!...." and he even got up on stage with us during "I Shot the Sheriff".

994492_10204039535302056_6745223437032817759_n.jpg

Sat - DJ'd a wedding... the ceremony and reception were both in the same space. At the last minute, the bride moved the alter to the middle of the room, adjacent to the dance floor... and put me at the end of the room.... about 70 feet away from the dance floor. :messedup: I had to use reaaaaaaly long XLRs and power cords to get some speakers clear out there, and a couple lights on the corner of the dance floor. I used maybe 1/4 of my lights. :(

Sun - My wife and I pulled plants up from her garden and got it ready for winter. Reorganized all of my cables and lights so I have two boxes that go to every gig, one box that's added on for large band gigs, and another box that is added for weddings.

Friday - Not a lot - just played some guitar.

Saturday - Short walk since my bike is in repair. Super hot day it was but I went to the OC Blues Jam.

Sunday - Watched the Pats beat the Vikings and then took a nap since it was another scorcher. When I woke up, wife and went to see The Guardians of the Galaxy to get out of the heat. When the movie was over it was still around 87 degrees at 7pm in the evening - sucks!

Did some grilling over the weekend -- BBQ chicken, potatoes and pineapples... and Spam! I was going to throw some plaintains on the grill as well, but I didn't get around to them, so maybe I'll just fry them up in a pan this week.

Friday Rode to and from work...not many days left to do that and cut the grass when I got home...it was hot

Sat - Walked the dog got home and got busy priming the laundry room. After lunch painted said room. Back was a little sore after some of the convolutions I needed to do to get between the washer/dry and wall. So sat and played Rocksmith in the evening . Dinner was Indian Buffet.

Sunday - For the first time in a long while I didn't really feel like going for a ride. But I did...at a pedestrian pace but I perked up somewhat about half way through and ended up with a 36 mile ride after all. In the evening ended up taking the dog for a really long walk...not sure why since I was tired. Played more Rocksmith, starting to work on Spirit of Radio...might be a bit too much for me :(

Sat. it rained most of the day, got some repairs and refurbishing of my wood stove insert done.

Sunday-lots of yardwork, weeding, planting a few trees, then went to a nearby sports bar to watch the Raiders play the most vile, craptastic football I've ever seen. Should have been Benny Hill music playing in the background. Made it to halftime.

Back