Announcement! Wednesday 5:30pm PST Rock Lead Guitar Skype Class Signup Thread

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm adding a Wednesday night class for March!

Each class will have their own private forum in this section of the site where they can get class materials in PDF, mp3 or Guitar Pro formats and it can be used for questions or discussions on that weeks video class between the instructor and students. You can also post recordings of yourself playing the lessons for the instructor to check out. This will be similar to the subscription video classes we also offer in this forum.

Rates for the class are $10 per person per 30 minute class if you pay at the beginning of the month for the whole month. This will also get you a subscription to the class forum. If you just want to attend the classes "one at a time" and not commit to the month the rate is $20 per class and no forum access. I'm trying to work this so that it's an inexpensive way for folks to take the class but not cost me money during time that I can be teaching private students and classes here at Premier Music. Win-win :)

The first month is "getting to know your guitar a bit more intimately" month. :embarrassed:

I want to get everyone on the same page as far as knowing the fretboard goes but I plan on doing 20-25 minutes of this stuff and ending each class this month with a usable guitar lick so that its not "all work and no play".

Here are the first four classes:

Fretboard Landscapes and CAGED Review

Major triads - The Skeleton Within.

Altering Major Triads to get Minor, Diminished and Augmented Sounds.

Altering a Melody or Lick to fit any chord.

Students will need to register here on the forum for access to their class forums and sign up for the free version of Skype.

The class forum is set up and Subscriptions are available here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/payments.php

The class forum is in the MWGL School of Music forum but will only be accessible once you've paid a subscription: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...chool-of-Music

:msm:

bump! I have one person who's actually paid for this class already...if you guys are interested please let me know to reserve a spot. I'm going to send out a newsletter and push to fill it up in the next week or so...

Back