We should all enter this contest

James Franciscus

Kick Henry Jackassowski
https://jamtrackcentral.com/jtcguitarsolocontest2015/

Because music is a competition. There can be only one.

frabz-there-can-be-only-one-4dec11.jpg

I’ll play a single note drone spanning all five tracks. If I make it an open note I can probably do it on guitar and bass at the same time. Ain’t nobody gonna top THAT.

I finally have a new guitar computer interface coming. Might be a fun way to get back into it. I'll listen to the tracks & see what I think.

I'm going to enter just for fun as an excuse to try to actually get a good guitar sound on video for a change. What's funny is that nobody used the fusion track because nobody knows what an altered scale is.

I entered the Exivious competition last year and got dusted by the whipper snappers.

OGG Scale is staple in western blues jams.
I only play a very specific sub-sect of Eastern blues originating from a small village of Indian immigrants in Bangladesh. I would explain it, but the punishment for doing so to Westerners is death.

I only became privy to it myself after the plane I was in with Brian Williams and Bill O'Reilly took a SAM hit and we had to bail out.

When we parachuted into the middle of the village, we were instantly treated as Gods, much like C3PO with the Ewoks.

It turned out that Brian knew their language because in a bizarre coincidence, he had studied their unique culture while obtaining his Doctorate from Cambridge.

O'Reilly didn't know shit, all he could do was to keep trying to explain to them who was behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. It was embarrassing.

I entertained the locals with a guitar I had taken with me into the war zone to get autographed by Toby Keith for a leukemia patient back in Maryland I had met while getting patched up from the injuries I sustained while doing an undercover investigative journalism piece on former KGB spies now leading ruthless prison gangs from behind bars in Siberia.

Anyway, when they heard the standard Western scale of 12, they were horrified. It was like nails on a chalkboard to them.

One of the villagers and I ended up adding several additional frets, using filed down bits of shrapnel that Williams removed from my leg using the freshly severed claw of crab from the beach nearby.

Over the next 2 months while awaiting rescue, they taught me all I know.

I am eternally grateful.

So you see, I got this covered.

I'd do it but that's as much a contest of video editing as it is guitar playing. If it was just record something over our backing track, sure, I could do that. I have no idea how to record a video while I'm playing and sync up audio that is recorded separately (so it doesn't sound like a giant turd).

I only play a very specific sub-sect of Eastern blues originating from a small village of Indian immigrants in Bangladesh. I would explain it, but the punishment for doing so to Westerners is death.

I only became privy to it myself after the plane I was in with Brian Williams and Bill O'Reilly took a SAM hit and we had to bail out.

When we parachuted into the middle of the village, we were instantly treated as Gods, much like C3PO with the Ewoks.

It turned out that Brian knew their language because in a bizarre coincidence, he had studied their unique culture while obtaining his Doctorate from Cambridge.

O'Reilly didn't know shit, all he could do was to keep trying to explain to them who was behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. It was embarrassing.

I entertained the locals with a guitar I had taken with me into the war zone to get autographed by Toby Keith for a leukemia patient back in Maryland I had met while getting patched up from the injuries I sustained while doing an undercover investigative journalism piece on former KGB spies now leading ruthless prison gangs from behind bars in Siberia.

Anyway, when they heard the standard Western scale of 12, they were horrified. It was like nails on a chalkboard to them.

One of the villagers and I ended up adding several additional frets, using filed down bits of shrapnel that Williams removed from my leg using the freshly severed claw of crab from the beach nearby.

Over the next 2 months while awaiting rescue, they taught me all I know.

I am eternally grateful.

So you see, I got this covered.

Brian was telling me about that last week....

If music is a competition...I'm still on the starting line

I think I should get some lessons from Brian Williams :idea:

Interesting listening to a few of the entries in the rock category, they almost all sound the same.

The blues had more variety of playing sadly only 3 entries.

In the metal category much the same as the rock.

Found the most diversity in the funk group.

I chose to listen randomly to the entries as well as the most popular and least popular.

I would love to participate, but I am currently training for the title of fastest guitar in the world.

Back