We live in interesting times - Boss collaborates with JHS

To be fair, Roland/Boss has been doing a lot of things very right lately. The Waza thing, the ES switchers, Katana and now this.
Good on 'em.

I think Boss has always been pretty solid. I picked up a Combo Drive a few months ago and its really good. I may pick up a Power Stack just to have. Those 2 came out at the same time.

I think Boss has always been pretty solid. I picked up a Combo Drive a few months ago and its really good. I may pick up a Power Stack just to have. Those 2 came out at the same time.

They've been unfashionable really. Their stuff has always been rock solid and would work for most stuff pretty well. It's like they just recently figured out that the boutique people just don't buy stock Boss pedals and actually use them. Good to see them trying to do something about it, which in the end benefits us users.
As far as distribution, noone can touch them. :wink:

They've been unfashionable really. Their stuff has always been rock solid and would work for most stuff pretty well. It's like they just recently figured out that the boutique people just don't buy stock Boss pedals and actually use them. Good to see them trying to do something about it, which in the end benefits us users.
As far as distribution, noone can touch them. :wink:

Boss was probably still doing well outside of the USA where the booteek fad doesn’t seem to have blown up. I think Boss is more likely dealing with the same problem Gibson, Marshall, and Fender have: a huge secondary market. Especially now that Reverb has made buying and selling friendlier than Fleabay and Paypal did. The new stuff is a great way to get people buying new gear.

Last edited:
Boss was probably still doing well outside of the USA where the booteek fad doesn’t seem to have blown up here. I think Boss is more likely dealing with the same problem Gibson, Marshall, and Fender have: a huge secondary market. Especially now that Reverb has made buying and selling friendlier than Fleabay and Paypal did. The new stuff is a great way to get people buying new gear.

The boutique market is just as ridiculous over here as it is in the US actually.
Most people will pay twice as much instead of being seen with a Boss pedal on their board that isn't a TU2. :embarrassed:

FWIW, I see it as no difference when Love Pedal started making Alfonso Hermida's Zen Drive. Let's see when what will happen in the future whether there will be more collaborating on more JHS product.

FWIW, I see it as no difference when Love Pedal started making Alfonso Hermida's Zen Drive. Let's see when what will happen in the future whether there will be more collaborating on more JHS product.

IIRC, LovePedal bought Hermida's company. I believe that was also the moment Sean stopped deciding whether or not you could buy his pedal from him based on winky smilies on HCFX.

IIRC, LovePedal bought Hermida's company. I believe that was also the moment Sean stopped deciding whether or not you could buy his pedal from him based on winky smilies on HCFX.

Yeah, Sean bought Hermida, he didn't design a pedal with Alfonso.

Possibly...I don't remember the arrangement. FWIW, Alfonso loves MMA and when I chatted with him a few years ago at the Amp Show, that seemed to be his primary focus.

I still unlikely to buy this pedal. But I have made two important decisions.

1. If I do buy it, it will be used.
2. All writing will be covered by a still from this scene. Maybe this one.
4325225157_37ce7bfe91_o_d.jpg

But that is pedals, not guitars!!!!

And the pedals aren't purple....

FWIW, Wein flips pedals too!!!

It's an analogy, mystix is to guitars as chad is to pedals.

Why are you hung up on purple? John has gone through plenty of non-purple guitars :grin:

Back