We live in interesting times - Boss collaborates with JHS

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative

jb-2_main.jpg

https://www.boss.info/us/products/jb-2/

That is pretty crazy. I can see Josh doing it, like most, he started by modding Boss pedals, so it makes sense, but it seems odd that Boss would do it. I think its pretty freaking cool though.

That is pretty crazy. I can see Josh doing it, like most, he started by modding Boss pedals, so it makes sense, but it seems odd that Boss would do it. I think its pretty freaking cool though.

I'm just surprised to see BOSS jump on the collaboration bandwagon.

Could have been Boss saying "If you're going to make money off of our gear and our name, we should be able to get a kickback from you somehow."

Could have been Boss saying "If you're going to make money off of our gear and our name, we should be able to get a kickback from you somehow."

Coulda done that with Keeley and Analog Mike 20 years ago. :shrug:

Agreed, but it's a pleasant surprise. Maybe this will be somewhat of a trend for them in the future.

Could be. DOD has a couple of collaborations that have been really good. MXR too. This is a huge coup for JHS though. DOD has been using those collaborations to rebuild the brand. BOSS doesn't need to do that. I'd be interested to hear the backstory on how Josh made it happen.

Last edited:
Me too. I wonder which one started it.

Not only that, but what deal he made to get his logo prominently displayed on the pedal. The DOD collaborations have put the other company's name on the pedal, but they're kinda small. MXR gives no credit at all. Now here's a big ol' JHS logo and a shared name. That's a huge deal, even if Josh only did it, "for the exposure".

Not only that, but what deal he made to get his logo prominently displayed on the pedal. The DOD collaborations have put the other company's name on the pedal, but they're kinda small. MXR gives no credit at all. Now here's a big ol' JHS logo and a shared name. That's a huge deal, even if Josh only did it, "for the exposure".

It seems like that is how it should look. Boss' logo is on the rubber foot switch. Josh's modded pedals have a JHS Pedals sticker right where the JHS logo is on that pedal. So it looks like a JHS modded Boss pedal.

It seems like that is how it should look. Boss' logo is on the rubber foot switch. Josh's modded pedals have a JHS Pedals sticker right where the JHS logo is on that pedal. So it looks like a JHS modded Boss pedal.

Sure, but to actually have the clout to get BOSS to screen print it. And not just there, but in a few other places where it doesn't say "Angry Charlie" or "AC", but JHS. That's a big deal.

Nah, I'm sure I'll be bored of this by the end of the day. Especially since I won't be buying one.

I meant TGP going nuts about it through September, not you following that long. I doubt Josh was thinking about how long the TGP shitfest would entertain you personally :grin:

To be fair, Roland/Boss has been doing a lot of things very right lately. The Waza thing, the ES switchers, Katana and now this.
Good on 'em.

It's definitely well executed. I'm not gonna buy one, but that's only because I already have too many dirt pedals as it is.

Back