We haven't discussed whiskey here in a while...

jaxn slim

Your Worst Nightmare
What's everyone into these days?

I've been drinking a fair bit of Stagg Jr, Elmer T Lee, and Forged Oak. They're not easy to find lately, so my hoarding tendencies are paying off for once.

5e1Yf_uodYX-Em3aw9Q0RKaRwPZDOy6Sp73WkRaLYzFhtIL1pfBfe2fG80k5hF5T43hkSxoHtl_5xPnQHbqwtU5-pP7asMnuEorasJYZfkSPieJBa-Zds3MsN0D15q-YpeZ5z_80pvU84IQuL8LO_wcNzPT0kvaEEcoU3nBC5cfjCh_4kO59uo6IRigUQgrjbAG-u121oOsxmnzTQKLsXjvN2DrU688gMthvQ31-N7yUlqZO5yjuQjt0dJzD9kmebZJPQfzR5zJxFkt-SvZagCyQrlbyE5QThLm93IOYPtxf4NL65h8MQ_M0MrmDvh6XMu1qKmJuGCEW_AIOMfIlwlRefYyPLS665zS1Cew1B7aX3D6Y_j5E_1xPUM79y3F-53rKFEDPuxHHmVPJQmIvDopQ706torP1C9Ca5FqzhMC92bhOkRLvb5ZUp1HCI276ztbudN18XnGl5i5EV3nwYBfInsBb6FDSJMhZjGP7LtGMr3XVN0Wpkrz0o1PdEfl7uX2X9txK9vkTrbBkmFmL9sNXTx2JQ3ZMb1t5N9GmilnZle5aWZINncYGY-DnZrKDihtp5w=w1441-h961-no

I'm in whiskey hell with terrible bottles of The Irishman and Gentleman Jack. Looks like the green tea hot toddy will rule for the foreseeable future.

Got some el cheapo islay from trader joe's that's not half bad (for the price at least)

Does Wild Turkey American Honey count? :)
I'm going between that and Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon. Oh the holidays!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm still on rye--haven't had any bourbon in quite some time.
My most recent purchase was a bottle of George Dickel (didn't know they made a rye). It's decent--drinkable. It's certainly better than the Knob Creek, but it ain't no Michter's or Templeton.

I'm still on rye--haven't had any bourbon in quite some time.
My most recent purchase was a bottle of George Dickel (didn't know they made a rye). It's decent--drinkable. It's certainly better than the Knob Creek, but it ain't no Michter's or Templeton.
I've seen it but haven't tried it. Woodford Reserve has a rye out, too, now. I've heard mixed reviews. Michter's is really special. It's been demanding some increasing prices around here, though.

Dickel rye is my go-to cheap rye. (rittenhouse and old overholt are also good values).

The best part about is all the stupid jokes you can make, like asking people if they'd like a trickle of dickel, etc

I'm out of my usual (Jim Beam) and casting about for a new whiskey or whisky (FYI, a fifth usually last me several years). Any suggestions? I've enjoyed (others') Jamison, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich lately, but am pretty clueless when in comes to such things...

Back