Watcha doin for Mardi Gras?

BoomBoomBigelow

Genius of Love
Gotta Krewe? Got some King cake ready? Did you know Mardis Gras is also a verb? Can you say Tchoupitoulas? Tipitina's? Iko, Iko, y'al.

Usually we go to a bar in Madison and I order a Muffaletta sandwich and my wife orders gumbo. We eat and go home. We're real party animals.

My wife was going to go to NO with her sister from the 9-12th but with having the sewer cleaned out, buying a new fridge, my future DIL getting her masters in Nashville in May and a wedding in October she decided there just wasn't enough cash laying around to cover a trip to La. this year.

Having muffaletas and shrimp/grits for superbowl munchies, might go piss on the side of the house if I want the full bourbon st experience. That's about it other than playing this for a week or so.

51JUcyOha7L-1.jpg

Gotta Krewe? Got some King cake ready? Did you know Mardis Gras is also a verb? Can you say Tchoupitoulas? Tipitina's? Iko, Iko, y'al.

Yes, yes yes yes yes

Tchoupitoulas (chop-it-TOOL-is) is even harder to spell when you don't see it right in front of you. We just sold $200 worth of Mardi Gras beads (yes, they now recycle 'em) to a local krewe. Done the King Cake a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get the baby, so I'm cool for next year.

I love all things Mardi Gras and 'Nawlins, but I avoid crowds so I won't even go to the Galveston Mardi Gras parades.

I did have a spicy boudin ling last night.

I love all things Mardi Gras and 'Nawlins, but I avoid crowds so I won't even go to the Galveston Mardi Gras parades.

I did have a spicy boudin ling last night.
I stay out of the Quarter this time of year. Plenty of family-oriented/smaller parades here in MS. Christmastime is a great time to go over there. Things aren't nearly as crowded and chaotic.

I don't even know when Mardi Graw is or what it really means...

Never celebrated it in my life...

I'll probably take a bath and wrap a hot towel around my head

Reactions: Tig

I miss my Mother In Law's Paczki. She'd make them with plum jam.

We picked some up at the store recently and they had raspberry jam or Belgian cream.
The cream one is great, but the jam has too much jam in them and were overly sweet.
They were also very flat and cakey. Weird. I ate 'em though!

As for Mardis Gras, no specific plans. We'll have pancakes on Tuesday. Because, pancakes.

To go?

:tongue:

I guess I could go to Popeye's Chicken :embarrassed:

I wish there was a place around here that one could get a nice Beignet :(
First time I went there, (Cafe DuMonde) I made the mistake of inhaling as I took that first bite. It was almost my last :embarrassed:

Reactions: Tig
Back