Watch The Whole Clip----I Dare you....

Just my opinion but quite a few of the big names have been accused of whining at some point.
Gretzky
Lemieux
Lafleur
Hull
Esposito
Clarke
My friends Dad was a cop in Detroit when Howe was playing and worked sporting events quite a bit. He said even Howe was called a baby and a whiner.

TBH, the Crosby bashing reminds me of, well me. I won't say that I hated Gretzky but I was definitely sick of hearing his name and "The Great One". It wasn't until much later in his career that I could respect him, even if I wasn't a fan.
Gretzky referred to Crosby as "The Next One" and even recently said he was still the best player in the league even with McDavid being his star.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-soon-say-connor-mcdavid-better-sidney-crosby
Gretzky Quote:
"Is Connor a great player? Absolutely. Does Connor have an opportunity to be the next Crosby? Absolutely," Gretzky said. "Right now, Sidney deserves to be known as the best player in the game. He's been the best player consistently in his career. He's won Stanley Cups and he's won gold medals. Until somebody takes that mantle away from him, he's still going to hold the crown."

And no, I'm not a Crosby fanboi. He's not even my favorite Penguin (Letang). I just see a lot of parallels with top players of the past.

Back