Was given some Grey Goose Vodka. What do I mix with it?

Pairing, mixing, whatever.

russian_vodka_meal.jpg
Win.

Normally I would say ice but I've been on a martini kick lately so I'd say a splash of olive juice.

Ginger beer and lime juice.

Or, alternatively, grapefruit juice. Also with lime.

With vodka, you don't have many solid options. It's the lamest booze there is. Don't listen to the folks who are telling you to drink it straight; there's no pride or class in that.

Don't listen to the folks who are telling you to drink it straight; there's no pride or class in that.

There are vodkas that have flavour. It's not all Alcool.

And by flavour, I don't mean infused vodkas. Most of those are awful (but fine for mixing).

Grey Goose, Dillan's Method 95, Crystal Head, and many more all have flavours of their own and stand up very well with just ice and/or a splash of water.

It's not a macho thing. There are just some vodkas that are wasted when you mix them with stuff.
The flavours get covered up.
You may as well just use Alcool or Smirnoff, because it's just adding booze to mix. You just get a boozy version of the mix. Where's the class in that?

That said, I'm imterested I'm trying the ginger beer and lime idea. I may or may not add vodka. If I do, it won't be my good stuff.

Back