Want.

Fuck yes! I'll take two.
I'm no acoustic aficionado and that world seems to argue Martin vs Taylor all the time. But every time I indulge myself to try out a few nice acoustics, I always think the Gibsons sound better than the others.
Maybe I'm just a fanboy. Don't care.

i am completely intrigued by the small/deep body combination. i had a chance to play one of these used at the local guitar center. it has a very focused and punchy sound to it. finger-style notes just popped, and there's a really nice natural compression to the sound when flat-picked. i dug it. i was hunting for the perfect OM sized acoustic, but it might be this modified 00 size with the deep body that wins me over. we'll see...

One of the bet I ever played was a 1936 oval hole archtop like this one. Not all that expensive by acoustic standards, either.

image.jpg

I love love love love Gibson acoustics. Yes, add 1 to the fanboy list. This thing sounds great but I also have to consider who is doing the demo.

One of the bet I ever played was a 1936 oval hole archtop like this one. Not all that expensive by acoustic standards, either.

View attachment 14981

Oval hole archtops are the bomb! I'd love to have an early 30s oval hole Gibson L4, if it didn't cost so much. Unfortunately, hardly anybody makes oval hole archtops anymore, much less any that don't cost an arm and a leg. The Gibson Nick Lucas is cool, but I'd prefer an oval soundhole archtop.

Last edited:
I love love love love Gibson acoustics. Yes, add 1 to the fanboy list. This thing sounds great but I also have to consider who is doing the demo.

I had the pleasure of playing 1 Gibson acoustic (j45 I think :shrug:) and it was beautiful to play and look at. The guitar sounds great but I couldn't get that sound of it....I do like my small body Fender a lot especially after the refret :thu: Doesn't have to be big to sound good

Back