Wandered into this small town music store in Switzerland....

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
This was their Friedman room. This might add to the cost of living in Switzerland. The place seems to be a bizzaro world where stores have a few starter type amps and guitars on display, but the bulk of the floor is super high end stuff.

I stole the pic from their webpage and I forgot to take a picture. They had similar rooms with other high end amp makers stuff. It was freaky.

20507474_1938304926445090_5249370571616857134_o.jpg

Did you have a chance to plug into any of them?
I've had the opportunity to play a BE-100 and the SS-100 as well as a vintage 1968 Plexi cranked up LOUD!!

I played the runt 50 and a dirty shirley 4o. I loved them both, but the heavier runt sound was my favorite. The runt head was around a $1400 US dollars.

It bothers me that I live in the NYC metro area and I have no idea where to find stuff like that. All I find are GC and Ass Ham.

This store was in the town of Lyssach, which wikipedia tells me has 1400 residents. It is in the Emmental, kind of halfway between me and the capital city Bern. This region is famous for making a type of cheese that is called Swiss cheese in the US.

Apparently, a good percentage of those 1400 people like marshall inspired amp sounds.

45dd8cb923a77.jpg

Last edited:
In all seriousness, how many of those amps could they possibly sell? That's a lot of stock to have on hand.

Back