VSTs underfoot. Unlimited pedal boards?

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
This is pretty cool. It lets you install VSTs as virtual pedals, configure which controls you want to have at hand for each pedal and line them all up on a virtual pedalboard. Then you can store multiple boards in a gig bag in the order you want.
And it all goes into a rugged, integrated multi-effects-like box.
Program it through any browser from any device that will run a browser - even via wifi because the box works as a wifi hot spot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508076981/psyren-one-guitar-pedal-infinite-pedal-boards

I have no connection. Just sharing because I thought it was pretty cool.

Looks cool. Again, something I would have little use for, but a cool piece of technology and I hope they get their funding :thu:

needs more knobs. there's no way I can program everything at home and expect it to translate on the gig.

(from ksk electrics) The Psyren has a number of available USB ports. If we can get off the ground, additional "Psyboxes" are planned that include just knobs, switches and displays (and a USB port).

These would be relatively inexpensive as there would simply be a microcontroller inside. We're sorry for intruding into your discussion - if you'd rather we didn't answer questions about Psyren, please let us know.

Perry (co-founder)

(from ksk electrics) The Psyren has a number of available USB ports. If we can get off the ground, additional "Psyboxes" are planned that include just knobs, switches and displays (and a USB port).

These would be relatively inexpensive as there would simply be a microcontroller inside. We're sorry for intruding into your discussion - if you'd rather we didn't answer questions about Psyren, please let us know.

Perry (co-founder)

Thanks for the info!

This is pretty cool!

Perry (co-founder)

Please feel free to post updates if you have them :)

I always thought this would be a great idea if done well.

Some very awesome vst's out there at least in modulation and delay/reverb.

Perry (co-founder)

It isn't cool for a person that works for the company coming here and promoting the product without letting us know they are affiliated, but you've identified yourself, so keep the info coming. It's always good to have effect/guitar/amp builders here.

(from ksk electrics)

Thank you. To reduce self-promotion, I would be happy to answer questions that you folks generate rather than me blather.

We're adding more walk through videos to our site during the day today. Your comments and criticisms are much appreciated.

Perry (co-founder)

(from ksk electrics)

Thank you. To reduce self-promotion, I would be happy to answer questions that you folks generate rather than me blather.

We're adding more walk through videos to our site during the day today. Your comments and criticisms are much appreciated.

Perry (co-founder)
feel free to post your videos here as you get them.

Cool idea, and I wish you guys the best of luck. The WiFi interface and seemingly limitless configurations/combinations is impressive. Taking on Boss, Zoom, Line6, etc, with what a lot of folks will view as another multi-effects DSP board is a tall order. I hope you're successful.

Shoeless - you are absolutely right. And thank you. We're seeing that while we might have a "right" idea we may have a "wrong" product given who we are (nobodies) and what our track record is (none).

We have a plan B should plan A not succeed. I wish there was a way to privately ask many of you kind folks here what you'd think of plan B. I'd rather not discuss plan B in a search engine compatible manner.

Shoeless - you are absolutely right. And thank you. We're seeing that while we might have a "right" idea we may have a "wrong" product given who we are (nobodies) and what our track record is (none).

We have a plan B should plan A not succeed. I wish there was a way to privately ask many of you kind folks here what you'd think of plan B. I'd rather not discuss plan B in a search engine compatible manner.
Actually you could start a "conversation" here on the forum with anyone who is interested in our private message system as a group. it shouldn't be searchable... @dodgechargerfan is that correct?

Actually you could start a "conversation" here on the forum with anyone who is interested in our private message system as a group. it shouldn't be searchable... @dodgechargerfan is that correct?
As somebody with Xenforo back end experience, no, conversations aren't searchable. They're PMs but with a group ability.

(Disclosure - I represent KSK Electrics)

After regrouping we're nearing completion of a modular approach to Psyren. The new approach will allow any of the three block components (control surface, computer and audio device) to be swapped out for higher spec gear. If you're interested i keeping up with progress check out our Facebook page. Else, I'll come back here when we have everything put together. Thanks for all your kindness!

Back