Voyage Air Trans Axe BelAir Folding With Gig Bag 2014 TV

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://reverb.com/item/358173-voyage-voyage-air-trans-axe-belair-folding-with-gig-bag-2014-tv

ptphr7dxdt2cqcbfgwbz.jpg

sts2opcskfe3hljrfk5c.jpg

ptphr7dxdt2cqcbfgwbz.jpg

sts2opcskfe3hljrfk5c.jpg

wccmsmb3l17ftlx4r8oq.jpg

This is a B-Stock/scratch and dent. may have minor cosmetic imperfections but does not effect playability.

Fitted with two custom Tonerider Vintage 90 Soap Bar pickups, the Voyage-Air TransAxe BelAir Limited Edition Folding Electric Guitar has a striking semi-transparent high-gloss TV Yellow finish that captures the vibe of early electric guitar models. Fold the BelAir in half and load it into the included DuraTrans Semi-Hard Case and take it anywhere. The Guitar in and case easily fit into an airplane's overhead compartments.

Voyage-Air TransAxe BelAir Folding Electric Guitar Features
  • Fits in Overhead, you can take a real electric guitar with you
  • Patented hinge technology with lifetime warranty
  • No compromise design, when folded strings stay on
  • Solid Alder Body, Maple Neck featuring a Rosewood fingerboard
  • Vintage looking solidbody with a modern feel
  • Screaming versatile Tone that works for all types of music
  • Easy to transport, carry and store
  • Great for students who can take their guitar and books with them
  • Includes the acclaimed lightweight Dura Trans Case
  • Great for motorcycles, motor homes, boating, campers, bicycles, or wherever you want to take your guitar and make music
The Soap bar pickups provide a period-accurate tone to supply the BelAir with true vintage tone to complement its aesthetic. The tone is warm yet articulated, and has punch and sustain that is more than surprising.
Product Specifications
Voyage-Air TransAxe BelAir Folding Electric Guitar Specifications
  • TransAxe Series: BelAir
  • Body: Alder
    • Shape: HGL-Single Cutaway
  • Neck: Canadian Maple
  • Scale Length: 24 3/4 inches
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
    • Number of Frets: 20
    • Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
  • Pickups: Dual Custom Tonerider P-90 Vintage 90 Soap Bars
  • Pickguard: Classic Red/Brown Tortoise
  • Tuners: 3 on a side, diecast, button
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Finish Color: Gloss T.V. Yellow
  • Strings: Daddario 10’s
  • Case: DuraTrans Semi-Hard (Included)

I think they should lose a volume and tone knob and make the ass end a little narrower. It is supposed to be a travel guitar, a smaller body wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they were making electrics now. I know the acoustics are pretty widely praised, and the guy who is the main designer (Harvey Leach) is a really nice guy. I used to be on a message board where he posted regularly. I'd try one....

I think they should lose a volume and tone knob and make the ass end a little narrower. It is supposed to be a travel guitar, a smaller body wouldn't hurt.
that's kinda what I like about it though. Unless you look at the back, you wouldn't know it was a travel guitar. If it can fit in an overhead, it's all good with me.

You can buy a brand-new one for $599 on the Voyage-Air website right now. I've actually thought about this guitar. I have two travel guitars -- one Go Guitar acoustic I've had for about ten years and an Emerald X7 I've had for a few months. I find them indispensible for bringing to the office, on trips, etc. I have often thought a travel electric would be nice when going back to WI to visit family -- my brother-in-law plays bass and I'd love to be able to bring an electric. Put that guitar and one of those Vox AmpPlugs in it's bag and you've got a silent rig you can play at 2:embarrassed:0 am in a hotel room!

I like the concept, but I have my steinbergers that are ATA carryon item sized, so a travel guitar isn't something I care about so much. Also, I don't really need a guitar for most of my travels (guitar is a hobby for me), so this isn't something I would really use. I have guitars stashed at my houses and my parent's and in law's places, so when I travel when I have time for guitar, I can have one.

I like it.

Weird, but cool at the same time.

They could probably make it a bit smaller, but hey....whatever. Very cool IF it works as advertised and doesn't play like dog-shit.

Back