Vox Virage DC. (We need more guitars up in here!)

Coralkong

Alien
http://www.chorder.com/electric-guitars/vox/virage-dc-3959

vox1.jpg

I was surfing the net and came across a pic/review of these.
I remember when they came out, they weren't cheap, but they were pretty good guitars. (I think they reatailed for about $2K). Good stuff.
Very GAS-Worthy.

I'd like to own one someday.

That is hot. I wonder if it is a 335 size or 339. If it is a 339 size, I will have to check that out.

I owned one of these (because it's a guitar that exists), and it was exceptionally-well-made and sounded really cool. Just beautiful. But it was so neck heavy that it was unplayble (for me) standing up. That's just one thing that drives me nuts.

Funny story: so the bridge rattled. Couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. got so frustrated that I drove a considerable distance to take it to a tech to look at. he changed the string. problem solved.

I've loved these since they first came out and I would love to get my hands on one of them eventually. I had an SSC-33 and was impressed by everything about it. I'm not sure why I sold it, to be honest, but I justified it by saying I would pick up an SSC-55 (one more switching option and a bound neck) at some point. I still haven't done it, but it's on my list. :)

As Guitar Heel confirms, the one complaint I've heard about the Virage is that neck dive is a common issue. I know people say "get a wide suede strap and stop complaining," but neck dive is one of the few things that always ends up being a deal breaker for me.

I've loved these since they first came out and I would love to get my hands on one of them eventually. I had an SSC-33 and was impressed by everything about it. I'm not sure why I sold it, to be honest, but I justified it by saying I would pick up an SSC-55 (one more switching option and a bound neck) at some point. I still haven't done it, but it's on my list. :)

As Guitar Heel confirms, the one complaint I've heard about the Virage is that neck dive is a common issue. I know people say "get a wide suede strap and stop complaining," but neck dive is one of the few things that always ends up being a deal breaker for me.

I don't remember it being neck heavy, but I guess I was sitting down when I played it.

I remember being impressed by it in almost every way.

Sounded great. Played very well right off the wall, the pickups were that cool "copper-ish" color and the finish was fantastic.

The one I played was finished like this, and even though they had a few others at the time in different finishes, this is the one that called my name.

That's a beautiful guitar, but if it is indeed neck heavy, it would put me off. I had an Epi SG that was neck heavy, so I bought a suede strap. I still have the suede strap, but the SG is gone.

Neck heavy is bad. I too have an Epi SG up for sale b/c I can't play and support the neck at the same time. And I have mega good straps to hang it on. Neck heavy is a cardinal sin for me.

Loved the Virage when they came out. I'd love to have one if I could find one. I understand that the carve of the interior of the body is fairly unique & differs considerably from a Gibson 335 or something.

Back