Vox Tone Garage Straight 6

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Has anyone tried those new Vox pedals with the tube in them?

I was at Elderly's yesterday and noticed they carry them. I'm kinda interested in the Straight 6 overdrive pedal. It sounds pretty decent on youtube.

Generally I find tubes in pedals very gimmicky, because they never actually get enough power in them to utilize the tube. I know they say it runs at a converted 200v, but I'm really, really skeptical.

Generally I find tubes in pedals very gimmicky, because they never actually get enough power in them to utilize the tube. I know they say it runs at a converted 200v, but I'm really, really skeptical.

I agree, except for 1 pedal. I don't remember what it was called but it was made by Hughes and Kettner. My brother in law used it in our band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if anybody that ordered the EH Hot Tubes, in the Great Deals Thread has got theirs yet.

I'll wait for a model that includes a Mercury Magnetics transformer. :snooty:

I wonder if anybody that ordered the EH Hot Tubes, in the Great Deals Thread has got theirs yet.

not yet. Slowest shipper in the history of the internet. It took over a week for him to ship it and no tracking info with the shipping notification.

So mine arrived today and it wasn't the Hot Tubes, it was the Hot Tubes Nano. I already contacted the seller.

It think it was $58, but I had some kind or rewards points or something so i paid $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back