Vox AD120VT opinions

bsman

b00b
I'm considering trading a guitar for (among other things) a Vox AD120VT amp w/the VC4 foot controller. Is this a yea or nay? I would likely use it 95% for bedroom practice, with added benefit of being able to use it for any upcoming gigs (nothing on the radar screen right now). I briefly had a subsequent Vox valvetronix amp (VT30) and had a favorable opinion of it, but traded it off for something else bright and shiny...

modelers aren't my thing, so I wouldn't. If they work for you, then go for it. I have heard they are good.

That's a lot of amp for 95% bedroom practice :wink:

A lot of Valvetronix peeps still think the original AD__VT series was the best of the bunch, with the 60/120 versions being the best of those (actually the blue-grilled 60s are considered the best of all of 'em). They can get some good tones, and have some decent effects, without going down the tweaking and preset rabbit hole.

Hey, s long as you're not trading an LP Standard or something, I think you'll be happy with the deal.

FWIW -- it's a Gibson SG "Future Tribute" I picked up on a SDOTD for $500. I've indicated to my coworker (who is falling in love with the SG) that I'd value the amp at $350 leaving a $150 difference to make up in goods or cash.

I remember trying one when they came out and was seriously tempted but as they were something like £600 and the VC12 footswitch I'd have needed to make it work for me was another £250 on top of that, it never happened.

Back