Virginia City Hill Climb, Nissan GTR

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski

:eek:

They close off the road, and anyone can take their car there and drive it if they registered.

3:25 is a killer time, 4:embarrassed:0 is considered respectable, but not great.

Reactions: Tig
As with most courses, the better you know the route, the better you'd do.....

That being said, there are some turns there that should probably have some guard-rails.

That was actually very hard for me to watch. I nearly turned it off several times because it was seriously wigging me out. I have no fear on a proper race track with safety barriers, I'll take the crazy S turn at Laguna Seca like a madman. But hill climb videos freak me out big time. It's been 29 years since I launched my brother's Triumph Spitfire off of a steep mountain Cliffside at +/- 90 MPH, and I can still vividly recall every single second of the experience. I also have some not-so-nice daily reminders of that little excursion that make it extremely hard if not impossible to forget.

Those guys that do Pikes Peak and runs like this one are nuts.

That takes a lot of knowing the limits of one's car and the road, intimately.

Hwy 74 (Ortega Highway-or "The Hump" as I call it) between OC and Riverside counties in SoCal would be a perfect "Up and Over" type of hill climb/race. The OC side has a more shallow slope so it has fast sweepers while the Riverside county side is steep and has very tight turns, thus brakes can become an issue, especially going down.

If they ever do something like that ( but let's face it: this is California-they would never do something like that) I would be in as long as they had a class that I could race a Honda Civic in.

That takes a lot of knowing the limits of one's car and the road, intimately.

Hwy 74 (Ortega Highway-or "The Hump" as I call it) between OC and Riverside counties in SoCal would be a perfect "Up and Over" type of hill climb/race. The OC side has a more shallow slope so it has fast sweepers while the Riverside county side is steep and has very tight turns, thus brakes can become an issue, especially going down.

If they ever do something like that ( but let's face it: this is California-they would never do something like that) I would be in as long as they had a class that I could race a Honda Civic in.
Ortega HWY is one of the most notoriously dangerous roads in SoCal. When I lived in OC I used to travel it fairly often and it always made me deeply uncomfortable.

I agree though, not only would it be a great road for like minded nut cases to go banzai on, but being in California it will never happen.

That was actually very hard for me to watch. I nearly turned it off several times because it was seriously wigging me out. I have no fear on a proper race track with safety barriers, I'll take the crazy S turn at Laguna Seca like a madman. But hill climb videos freak me out big time. It's been 29 years since I launched my brother's Triumph Spitfire off of a steep mountain Cliffside at +/- 90 MPH, and I can still vividly recall every single second of the experience. I also have some not-so-nice daily reminders of that little excursion that make it extremely hard if not impossible to forget.

Those guys that do Pikes Peak and runs like this one are nuts.
The guy definitely wasn't driving ten tenths. He had his dad in the car, after all.

Hill climbers and rally drivers are some of the best/craziest drivers in the world.

Nice!

The guy definitely wasn't driving ten tenths. He had his dad in the car, after all.

Hill climbers and rally drivers are some of the best/craziest drivers in the world.

Balls out in the snow w/ spectators and trees just a foot or two away? just another day in WRC

Certifiable...right up there with Baja or Paris Dakar

Back