Video from tonight's gig

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gary Blanchard, Aug 14, 2010.

Aug 14, 2010
  1. Gary Blanchard Luna-tic

This has been quite a weekend.Three and a half hours at the Westminster Farmer's Market Friday and two hours at Pinecroft Restaurant tonight. This was actually a paid gig. :D

This video was recorded with my $27.00 Ebay video camera. The vocals are a bit hot. Anyone know how to solve that?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  2. Aug 14, 2010
  3. gibby mcfender breast enthusiast

How big is the file? I might be able to fix the peaking, but sometimes when audio is recorded so thoroughly peaked, it's not so easily remedied.

Nice playing and singing, Gary! Very pleasant. Side note - that looks like the longest banjo I've ever seen.
  4. Aug 15, 2010
  5. jelloman R.I.P. Terry...

very nice gary...pleasant, even...

...the vocal peaks appear to be at the same frequecy range so I would say that the issue is with the camera's inability to deal with that freq...

There's a guy I went to college with and worked sound for named Ralph Storm, he lives and works in middletown ny as a violin maker now, who I believe built a banjo for pete seeger...ever heard of him? he does a lot of performing with bluegrass and folk combos on banjo and guitar...
  6. Aug 15, 2010
  7. mosiddiqi The Curry Master

Lovely singing and playing Gary! :thu:..sorry, I don't know about fixing the audio, I'm sure the others will though.
  8. Aug 15, 2010
  9. Lino n00b

Sweet Gary, I like it :aok:
  10. Aug 15, 2010
  11. Gary Blanchard Luna-tic

Thanks for the kind words. The camera sat between the speakers, so it may have been too much.

That is a long-neck banjo, first developed by Pete Seeger to allow him to sing more easily in the key of E. The arm does get tired when I do too many songs in a row without a capo. :weebz:
  12. Aug 15, 2010
  13. Theodore Gettingridofthealbatross

14. Aug 15, 2010
  15. Gary Blanchard Luna-tic

Some more video from last night.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013