VH LIVE: Why is Dave so out of key?

Really? I never thought of Dave in a sexual way. It's okay if you're gay, just not my thing.

The thought of watching David Lee Roth singing "Ice Cream Man" at 60 years old makes my testicles contract and my penis do the turtle.

I don't think Cock Rock works after a certain age. At the very least it becomes extremely uncomfortable to sit through. Greasy.

The thought of watching David Lee Roth singing "Ice Cream Man" at 60 years old makes my testicles contract and my penis do the turtle.

I don't think Cock Rock works after a certain age. At the very least it becomes extremely uncomfortable to sit through. Greasy.
He's still got more swagger in his toenail clippings than Bieber has in his entire body.

He's still got more swagger in his toenail clippings than Bieber has in his entire body.

Unfair comparison. Bieber is a twat.

I guess what I was getting at is that those songs were great back in the day, but there has been zero musical progression since then. Nothing new, nothing more intellectual. Just a 60 year old man singing sexually charged lyrics. I just find it cheap and distasteful, to be honest. Greasy.

But then again, I cringe every time I see Mick Jagger singing Satisfaction, so ymmv.

Yep, there's another one.

(And I am a huge Who fan.)

Though (to be fair), My Generation is more about drugs than sex. Of course, 2 of the members OD'd........so still distasteful.
I was referring to the "hope I die before I get old" line. Seems a bit ludicrous coming from a guy in his 70s.

Unfair comparison. Bieber is a twat.

I guess what I was getting at is that those songs were great back in the day, but there has been zero musical progression since then. Nothing new, nothing more intellectual. Just a 60 year old man singing sexually charged lyrics. I just find it cheap and distasteful, to be honest. Greasy.

But then again, I cringe every time I see Mick Jagger singing Satisfaction, so ymmv.
Have you listened to A Different Kind of Truth? I think he's lyrically progressed.

He's also never been as sexually overt lyrically as Hagar. Dave always had a way with words that Hagar just couldn't muster.

Given all the drugs and booze, it's a wonder they can still perform. Of course, that's not exactly unusual for old rockers.

Given all the drugs and booze, it's a wonder they can still perform. Of course, that's not exactly unusual for old rockers.
Well, Eddie's clean and Dave only smokes reefer now from what I understand. Wolfgang is also apparently this amazing kid who's clean cut and really on top of everybody's shit. Eddie recently said that Wolfgang's basically in charge the band, now. LOL

Yeah, I had heard they were doing better on the drugs and booze, but they still took their toll through the years. Sometimes you can bounce back, and sometimes you never get all the way back.

Yeah, I had heard they were doing better on the drugs and booze, but they still took their toll through the years. Sometimes you can bounce back, and sometimes you never get all the way back.
It took Eddie a while, but he's really clear these days and the fire is back in his playing. He seems to really be enjoying the guitar again.

At this point I think I'd rather hear Micheal Anthony on lead vocals- that dude has an amazing falsetto. And he hits the note dead center. Too bad he's not in the band anymore. He is a great showman and bassist.

Dave kicks ass. He kicked ass back in the day and he kicks ass now. Van Halen was better with Dave.

Any person who disagrees is wrong.

That is all.

Back