VH LIVE: Why is Dave so out of key?

His strength was always as a showman and a frontman. In the commercial rock world that is more important than killer vocal chops and actually harder to find.

Ya-Eddie was,is a great player. And Dave was a heck of a front man. But I've never been a huge fan. I dunno why,guess for me it was a lot of show with little substance.

I just watched the whole video of the concert and those were the worst of the bunch. Here's the set list:

Unchained
Runnin' With the Devil
She's the Woman
I’m the One
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Oh, Pretty Woman
You Really Got Me
Dance the Night Away
I’ll Wait
And the Cradle Will Rock…
Hot for Teacher
Women In Love
Romeo Delight
Mean Street
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Ain't Talkin' ‘Bout Love
Jump

I was going to say Geoff Tate, but I hear that Tate can no longer sing either, so I threw in an obscure, retired metal singer :tongue:

That was my answer to your question of "...who is?"

But thanks for the clarification because I had no idea who you were talking about. :grin:

I just watched the whole video of the concert and those were the worst of the bunch. Here's the set list:

Unchained
Runnin' With the Devil
She's the Woman
I’m the One
Tattoo
Everybody Wants Some
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
China Town
Hear About It Later
Oh, Pretty Woman
You Really Got Me
Dance the Night Away
I’ll Wait
And the Cradle Will Rock…
Hot for Teacher
Women In Love
Romeo Delight
Mean Street
Beautiful Girls
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Ain't Talkin' ‘Bout Love
Jump

The thought of watching David Lee Roth singing "Ice Cream Man" at 60 years old makes my testicles contract and my penis do the turtle.

I don't think Cock Rock works after a certain age. At the very least it becomes extremely uncomfortable to sit through. Greasy.

Back