Very cool new one from me

dougk

b00b
Some of you may have seen this in For Sale but wanted to show it off. So pictures.. then blah blah

159713650.jpg

159713651.jpg

159713652.jpg

159713653.jpg

159713645.jpg

159713646.jpg

159713647.jpg

159713648.jpg

159713649.jpg

SO this one is a bit unique. A couple years ago, my buddy Daniel Tyack at Salvage Custom became good friends with Bob Taylor. Well Bob gave Dan some big pieces of Walnut out of his personal stash and Dan had me resaw them for him (since he didn't have a big enough bandsaw). My fee was I got to keep a top out of it. So that's what this is.

The back is Spanish Mahogany (Spanish Cedar) that I've been saving that was both incredibly light, resonant and has gorgeous flame running through it (we don't get that often. Maybe once every 4-5 units of material).

Pickups are Lollar's Goldfoils which are always fantastic. The kicker, this guitar weighs 5.6lbs, is mostly hollow (block under the bridge and a modified bracing pattern copied from the Acadian). Sounds unreal!

My least favorite thing is the JM/Jag-inspired profile. Despite that hangup and my priggish need to state it, this is a stunning guitar all around. My favorite off-set ever.

So, if you ever feel like giving this guitar someone that can't afford it and won't be able to promote or grow your brand recognition...I'm here. :thu:

That. Is. Gorgeous.

Seriously beautiful guitar. Were I a wealthy man I would be removing that from your hands.

Back