Van Halen: Tokyo Dome

Indeed...that part about getting the new shoes and walking like someone else was so embarrassing. Like he was saying that he was trying to be more like Dave or something.

What was the movie in which the guy asked which version of Van Halen was better and the guy said "Sammy era" and they said "COP!"?

Was it Airheads?
I think so.

I know -- maybe it's because I met Mrs. bsman in '78 (the year VH came out) and married her in 79 (the year VHII came out!)

:grin:
Read the lyrics. You have to get to 5150 before they start being vacuous dreck. Roth is a well- read, intelligent guy who is extremely poetic. I used to like Van Hagar but the more I listened to Sammy's lyrics the more I realized how shallow they were. They're one-dimensional and usually lame love songs or songs outright about sex.

You know what a Sammy song is about from the first line. Some Dave songs people still don't know because nobody really listens. For instance, you know how many people who's minds I've blown telling them that Panama is about a race car? I know that's probably obvious for a lot of people here, but the dumbfounded looks I've personally witnessed on people who claim to be Van Halen fans, but are only fans of the party.

So I've listened to the album a few times.

The first and last sections are horrible for DLR.
The middle part is actually pretty good. He does a good job on Ain't Talking 'Bout Love and even holds quite a few notes.

I pre ordered it, but haven't downloaded it yet. I've listened to Panama and Runnin' with the Devil. They are about what I expected.

I'll download the rest in the morning.

Overrated band or most overrated band?

(Runs and hides)
Considering that Dave's initial departure from the band happened when I was 5 and didn't even know what a guitar was... They left a mighty big impression on me.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Overrated band or most overrated band?

(Runs and hides)
I've got your bum...

Overrated for me too...

My fav album amongst that conglomeration was this..And Ed played bass...

220px-Sammybye.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. You're done here. Should I call a cab for you?
No..I have a car in the underground park and if worse came to worse,(it rarely does),I have a driver from work that can pick me up at any time...

You could order me a pizza though...The works on half and hawaiian on half.....

I tip well...............

Last edited:
I got the album downloaded and I'm listening now.

As I suspected, the music is very tight. Dave doesn't sound all that great, but he's actually better than I expected him to be on most songs so far. This comes from someone who has seen them on every tour since Balance.

This is a pretty lengthy interview where EVH explains how he started experimenting with electronics, guitars and sound.

Hawaiian pizza? This is a personal attack on every Italian person whoever lived. Ok. We're going to have to put you to sleep. Say goodbye to all your friends.
I'm an Italian from New Jersey who worked at a pizza joint owned by an off-the-boat Italian and Hawaiian pizza doesn't bother me.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

Back