Van Halen: Tokyo Dome

BrammyH

Grandpa Whine
Because I am a glutton for punishment, I picked up the new live Van Halen album.

Holy shit. Eddie sounds fucking amazing. Tone reminds me of his original tone. He's on fucking fire.

Holy Shit. DLR is just getting worse. He sounds like someone punched him in the junk, and then wrapped it around his waist.

Funny thing is that Dave's live vocals really aren't far off from what I would expect.

idn_smilie

This is what I'm hearing again and again: Eddie sounds like he used to a Roth sounds like someone punched him the junk. Maybe someone did!

My Van Halen fantasy:

Sammy, Mikey and all kiss and make up.
Sammy sings and Eddie gets this sound.
Sammy removes the bug up his ass and sings the DLR songs he refused to.
They do a greatest hits tour.

My Van Halen fantasy:

Sammy, Mikey and all kiss and make up.
Sammy sings and Eddie gets this sound.
Sammy removes the bug up his ass and sings the DLR songs he refused to.

If you're going to go that far, why not:

Dave goes back in a time machine and gets himself from 1980 and brings his 1980 self to 2015.
Ed apologizes to Mikey and gets him back in.

Sam's great but NOT in Van Halen.

If you're going to go that far, why not:

Dave goes back in a time machine and gets himself from 1980 and brings his 1980 self to 2015.
Ed apologizes to Mikey and gets him back in.

Sam's great but NOT in Van Halen.
Lets go even crazier:

Dave puts the Yankee Rose band back together and pulls them from the 90s. They open for Van Halen.

Lets go even crazier:

Dave puts the Yankee Rose band back together and pulls them from the 90s. They open for Van Halen.

Ok...but it's 1980 Dave from the time machine in the band with Vai and 1980 Dave is also singing in Van Halen.

1194984827960120970no.svg

images

I feel the exact opposite.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
I think my single biggest complaint about the Roth era is they took an amazing song -- Unchained -- and stuck that stupid "Hey man, that suit is you" bit in the middle.

I think my single biggest complaint about the Roth era is they took an amazing song -- Unchained -- and stuck that stupid "Hey man, that suit is you" bit in the middle.

Well, on the first record with Sammy (5150), there was a song called 'Dreams' and a song called 'Love Comes Walking In' and if I had enough Gravol, I would put some of the lyrics from those 2 songs here but the pharmaceutical companies cannot manufacture enough Gravol in 3 months for me to be able to stomach it.

...and that's just the first record.

LOL But it was cheeky humor.

Sammy tried to be funny... Once... With Inside. It just came off cheesy as hell. Dave always had that tounge-in-cheek humor, a real knack for turning a phrase, and a massive amount of confidence.

Sammy was always singing about love or unfinished blowjobs. Dave was singing about science experiments gone bad, getting in trouble, and when he did sing about women he sang about getting them (except for the one song where it was about lesbians).

I actually started a spreadsheet a while ago (but never finished it) where I was going to break down each song by whether it was about love and cheesy or about other stuff. I always felt like Dave leaned heavily towards other stuff and Sammy was the frontman for Van Lovesong.

Sammy tried to be funny... Once... With Inside. It just came off cheesy as hell.
Indeed...that part about getting the new shoes and walking like someone else was so embarrassing. Like he was saying that he was trying to be more like Dave or something.

What was the movie in which the guy asked which version of Van Halen was better and the guy said "Sammy era" and they said "COP!"?

Was it Airheads?

My Van Halen fantasy: I never have to hear about VH again. I always thought that VH were the most vacuous, annoying group ever. Yes, Eddie is a talented guitarist, but I always thought his tunes were pure dreck and DLR is a grinning idiot...

Flameproof suit on...

My Van Halen fantasy: I never have to hear about VH again. I always thought that VH were the most vacuous, annoying group ever. Yes, Eddie is a talented guitarist, but I always thought his tunes were pure dreck and DLR is a grinning idiot...

Flameproof suit on...

That's too bad. You've missed out on a lot of joy and fun.

Back