Using Kiwi Brown Shoe Polish tint maple necks

vintage clubber

You gunky!
Over the weekend I tinted two of my Squier Affinity Tele necks. The white one got only 1 coat and the BSB got 2 coats. Not sure if the pics do them justice, but they look much better in person!

White Before:

White After:

BSB Before:

BSB After:

Replaced the tuners on the BSB too:

I can't tell the difference on the BSB, but I like the change in the white one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

yeah, as I said the pics don't totally due them justice. The neck on the BSB is actually much darker than it was when you see it in person.

LawrncOArabia_403Pyxurz.jpg

Seriously tho, looks good.

Are the fretboards finished? I thought all maple boards were.
If so, won't you end up with brown finger tips?

nope! it actually stains the wood. wipe it down with a clean cloth once it dries and it does not come off on your fingers. :rawk:

how long did you leave it on the wood before wiping off?
did you notice much difference between one coat and two?
(puts shoe polish on shopping list)

a few minutes. the more coats, the darker you will get it. The neck on the BSB definitely turned out darker than the white one. I didn't want to go overly dark, just wanted to move away from that bright white unfinished maple...:cool:

Over the weekend I tinted two of my Squier Affinity Tele necks. The white one got only 1 coat and the BSB got 2 coats. Not sure if the pics do them justice, but they look much better in person!

White Before:

White After:

BSB Before:

BSB After:

Replaced the tuners on the BSB too:

Sweet aged look. Does it wear off after a while? And if you reapply, will the "worn off" areas stand out?

Those are some relatively pimp control knobs you're sportin' there! :cool:

Sweet aged look. Does it wear off after a while? And if you reapply, will the "worn off" areas stand out?

Those are some relatively pimp control knobs you're sportin' there! :cool:

No idea about the wear over time since this is my first time attempting this method.

Yeah, I like my Q-Parts knobs...:cool:

Back