Using Garageband...can anyone point me to good tutorials for morons?

cuffdc

chicken n waffles
I want to try to record some songs and I've got garageband on my mac. I've also used audacity on the PC. I have a few problems: first, I'm an idiot when it comes to recording.

All I want is a simple guide to recording basic songs in garageband. How do I make the drums sound like drums instead of a machine looping over and over....that sort of thing. Are there good websites that actually explain how to do basic recording in garageband, because I'm sick of pulling up crap sites like wikihow and answers.com.

Drums have always been my issue... I'm a guitarist, not John Bonham. That's why I had a brother, so he could play drums. But he works too many hours and doesn't have his kit set up, now... So I'm with you on being an idiot with drums and hoping for help. LOL

Guitar Center has free classes every Saturday on recording with Garage Band. I just got it myself and plan to go to the classes.

Guitar Center has free classes every Saturday on recording with Garage Band. I just got it myself and plan to go to the classes.
I went to one. The teacher knew Logic and admitted "he kinda knew GarageBand" and then went off the agenda that was listed.

Now, since these depend on who in the store they rope into doing these, your mileage will vary greatly.

Back