Used Mic Day

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Got a Sterling ST55 for 40 bucks, plus shipping, and tax. It is quite awsome.

P1090258.JPG

Got a mini boom last week. Ordered it 2 months ago, finaly in stock. Got it for the kick mic, last summer, a guy had the port on his kick, way at the bottom. Had to lay the mic on it's side, on a box, the proper height. Works really good for siting, with accoustic guitar. Tips over, without a mic even in it. This is the setup till I come up with something more elegant.

P1090259.JPG

That stand situation is lame and a classic case of poor design. I rather like your solution, but I have to ask, why not duct tape. :grin:

Nice.

Those Sterlings are fantastic budget mics. I record virtually all of my home studio vocals with an ST51 I got new for $99 at GC like 6 years ago. It even got used to do mine and Toca's vocals on that Country record last year because none of the Gucci expensive mics in Jason's studio had the sound we were looking for... including the $16K Telefunken. After trying all of the various Shure, Sennheiser and other Mics in the room,I pulled that thing out my bag, plugged it in, and voila... exactly what we needed.

Go figure.

Oh, and the instruction manuals are good for a few laughs. They haz good engrish. :-D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Taking pics out in the garage, the 25 pound weight was on the floor. Got another weight given to me. This one is 10 pounds. It works well in this position to play guitar into. It isn't heavey enough to not be straight up. Haven't tried it with the kick mic, but doubt it will work.

P1100058.JPG

Back