Updated the small board... [now updatier]

Shockingly awesome

Yeah, just what I was afraid of :(. I could use a cheap delay, and I have had a Digitech Digidelay that was a SDOTD or something on backorder from MF fr a month. I have a feeling it will be canceled one way or another.

Just spent some nice time playing bass. Ran BOSS LS-2 (Alligator Chef) -> EB Volume -> Jacques Prisoner Delay. I'm not really a fan of many effects on bass. But the Alligator Chef mixed in gives the right amount of grind and the Prisoner has always been the perfect short modulated delay, if the band actually calls for delay (mine doesn't). I might add my wah to check that out, but I'm not really a wah bass kinda guy.

It's funny, because that's precicely why I do like it. The Spark was too transparent for me.

I love the coloration of the EP booster. The Spark Mini was fine as well but it was just too much boost. It went from 0 to a 100 with a slight turn. I really don't know how you could use it.

Yeah, just what I was afraid of :(. I could use a cheap delay, and I have had a Digitech Digidelay that was a SDOTD or something on backorder from MF fr a month. I have a feeling it will be canceled one way or another.

I'm not sure how cheap is cheap, but if the TC Electronics Alter Ego (the little one) is still $99 at GC, I would nab it.

Putting together a second small board for my buddy to play when he's over. It's a long haul to the barn studio where we generally practice, but I don't keep too much gear in there due to the fluctuations in temperature. So we both need a portable board.

image.jpg

I think I'll really like it. The mooer pedals are great and do the job well. The phaser isn't my thing (that's the one pedal that's his), but these two Vicks are both versatile (black bird) and aggressive (midnight sun). I just have other pedals that I like more for my fuzz and OD needs (such as the Vick 73 and Tree of Life, respectively). The RC-2 gives us some usable drum models and a nice, albeit a little bit complicated, looper.

Last edited:
Here's the latest. Thanks to a heads up from @Chad I got a deal on the TC T2 and the delay. The T2 isn't as out there as the Afterneath, but much more usable for my purposes. Tight squeeze, but it all fits. About the only thing I'm missing is a fuzz.

image.jpg

Here's the latest. Thanks to a heads up from @Chad I got a deal on the TC T2 and the delay. The T2 isn't as out there as the Afterneath, but much more usable for my purposes. Tight squeeze, but it all fits. About the only thing I'm missing is a fuzz.

View attachment 17841

I haven't even tried the tone print thing yet. The I on the T2 is pretty cool, but yeah, it's a much more usable afterneath.

Back