Updated Pedalboard... now with extra Orange-y Wampler-ification

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Friday afternoon I stopped by Sweetwater the other day and was planning on getting a Wampler Tumnus. Took my Thorn strat in and plugged into a Mesa Rectoverb 25 combo like mine and tried out a few pedals.

Hot Damn......

564-1470590009-e429128a707cb0a8231f4b2ca66256d9.jpg

The Catapulp by Wampler gives back to my Mesa all the missing ingredients from when I've sold off my Orange Rockerverbs. That gooey crunch with infinite sustain................ it's the sustain that sold me on it. Just glorious!!!

Didn't have time to put it on my board for Friday night's gig, but I rewired my board this morning and made some new patch cables.

The path goes in the Wah --> MXR Phase 90 --> Spark boost --> and then splits to the Tonebone Acoustic Pre (which I use with my Taylor, or mute when I'm on Electric....

... and then the electric half of my board goes Turbo Tuner (how I turn the electric half of the path on and off) --> Pinnacle Deluxe --> Orange Catapulp ---> Flyrig RK5 ---> Boomerang looper.

Then I've hooked up my boomerang so that the dry and loop can go to my amp, and the loop only has a separate output that goes to the board. This way I can put the loop louder in the other guy's monitors. I don't even need to change the amount of loop that goes out to the audience if I don't want but it helps that the guys will be able to hear my loops nice and clear while I'm soloing away.

It's cool because now I have at least two different clean sounds, two different crunch sounds, two different lead sounds, and various ways to volume boost or give any one of those sounds some extra "unhh".

We have three gigs this week so I'll report back. The Saturday gig in particular our Keyboard player can't come to so there will be some extra loop action going on that day. :)

The only thing that's kinda redundant at this point is the spark boost. If that was replaced with a Pitchfork.... or better yet, an Eventide H9, I'd be all set, but I don't know if an H9 would fit there... it might have to go where the tonebone is and I'd have to carry the tonebone separately or have a second "acoustic only" board.

Edit: Yep, I measured the board and an H9 would only fit where the tonebone is.

Back