Unpopular (?) opinion...

Flamencology

You don't deserve koa.
I've been thinking about it a fair bit, and I think I really don't understand how musicians and music lovers can, in good conscience, subscribe to streaming services like Spotify.

I know that we can't reverse the clock, but that's irrelavent for me.

That is all.

I think the livelihood of musicians falls pretty far down the list of things most people care about.

You also now have a generation of kids who have grown up with "free" music.

It's either that or used CDs. :shrug:

Yeah, no other options whatsoever.

I think the livelihood of musicians falls pretty far down the list of things most people care about.

You also now have a generation of kids who have grown up with "free" music.

I was more specific in the OP; most people don't care enough to consider the stats at all, much less change their behaviours.

People can listen to pretty much anything they want or watch any filmed gig they want on Youtube

Everything's free these days, it would appear

Yeah, no other options whatsoever.

I'm actually in the middle of ripping my entire CD collection once and for all. Kid's coming, and there's not enough room in this apartment for everything. So about 1000 discs, give or take. I'd say at least 800 of them were either bought used or gotten free as promos. If you take my 300 records into consideration, there's maybe a handful of those I've paid more than $5 for. Everything else was either $1 or free.

Consumerism and conscientiousness don't really mix. Sure there are some surface attempts here and there, but mostly smoke n mirrors.

If you really start adding up the impact of all the products we consume it's probably kinda scary.

i probably own 5 used cd's....the rest (about 100-ish) i got in a store, from amazon or alligator records/blind pig records/cd baby.....so i PAID for them all.
i DO watch youtube, but that's mostly live shows....and a lot of them don't even HAVE cd's out.

i DO listen to Live365 streaming radio......i don't know how that works....as far as rights and stuff.

What if you don't subscribe and just use the free sign up with ads? :shrug: :embarrassed:

Genuinely not something that I lose sleep over.

Bands I really like I'll buy their cd's, go to their shows, buy merch etc... but if I just want to randomly listen to some tunes then what's wrong with Spotify? Pretty sure the bands sign up to be part of it....

In the 90's the local public library here had a few thousand CD's that were donated that you could check out just like books, and their collection tripled in the 00's. I think it's now somewhere around 15,000 CD's as people are ditching and donating their CD"s.

Thanks Obama.

Last edited:
In the 90's the local public library here had a few thousand CD's that were donated that you could check out just like books, and their collection tripled in the 00's. I think it's now somewhere around 15,000 CD's as people are ditching and donating their CD"s.

Thanks Obama.

Oh....Hmmm...Thanks Obama....

I can't go there because I'm a liberal......

Back