United breaks guitars...

This is all over the news in Switzerland, with a story line of the new American corporate police state. I'm not sure the Swiss press is wrong.

The story this morning is the CEO of United that apologized for the guy being drug from his seat apparently had people kicked out of first class seat upgrades so he and his family could fly to Aspen. Turns out the corporate policy of removing passengers for 'more important people' goes all the way to the top. I hope the CEO swings and the end of the riser of his golden parachute.
I think he already hook-turned into the ground, but had not yet been declared dead.
136_3672%20louise%20hawkins%20low%20hook%20turn%20321_60.jpg

"As I understand it, there are no qualifications on what an officer of a commercial aircraft can make you do. Disobeying one is illegal - period."

And as I understand it, when you have these kinds of laws, there are in fact limits -- in other words, the in loco authority cannot order illegal behavior.

United's behavior here is nowhere near as troubling to me as that of the police.

A recent political talk show I just saw was discussing how the police, a civil tax payer supported organization with a mandate to enforce the law and protect the citizenry, can violently remove a customer from a plane when he broke no laws and was, at best, passively resisting some random corporate policy. How is a bad corporate policy enforceable by civil authorities with violent actions? Again, the overall theme is that the US is a corporate oligarchy and violence by the state can and will be used on citizens breaking no laws at all.

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”
― Benito Mussolini

Back