United breaks guitars...

IMG_5032.JPG

United is now giving refunds to everyone on flight 3411. Makes me wonder if they called people about it. “Ma’am, I’m calling from United Airlines. We’re terribly sorry that you witnessed three despicabe pi…I mean, three of Chicago’s finest, beating a man, and dragging him from your flight. If you’ll just waive the right to ever sue us for anything we’ll happy refund your purchase price. No ma’am, only the base ticket price. You still have to pay an extra $120 for the exit row seat and another $65 for checking a bag.”

If this is true, it's fucking hilarious and perfect timing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39599999

United Airlines passenger 'stung by scorpion' on flight

Richard Bell said the scorpion fell from the overhead bin and onto his head during lunch on a trip from Houston, Texas to Calgary in Canada last week.

After putting it on his plate, he was stung. United has offered compensation.

This is all over the news in Switzerland, with a story line of the new American corporate police state. I'm not sure the Swiss press is wrong.

The story this morning is the CEO of United that apologized for the guy being drug from his seat apparently had people kicked out of first class seat upgrades so he and his family could fly to Aspen. Turns out the corporate policy of removing passengers for 'more important people' goes all the way to the top. I hope the CEO swings and the end of the riser of his golden parachute.

A recent political talk show I just saw was discussing how the police, a civil tax payer supported organization with a mandate to enforce the law and protect the citizenry, can violently remove a customer from a plane when he broke no laws and was, at best, passively resisting some random corporate policy. How is a bad corporate policy enforceable by civil authorities with violent actions? Again, the overall theme is that the US is a corporate oligarchy and violence by the state can and will be used on citizens breaking no laws at all.

Because the US education system is terrible, no one understands the difference between civil, criminal, and administrative law. Which is why people have gotten used to situations where "policies" (administrative law) are upheld using force (a tool of criminal law).

It's, in fact, heartening and surprising that people are so pissed off about this given how often we're willing to respect authoritah because money.

A recent political talk show I just saw was discussing how the police, a civil tax payer supported organization with a mandate to enforce the law and protect the citizenry, can violently remove a customer from a plane when he broke no laws and was, at best, passively resisting some random corporate policy. How is a bad corporate policy enforceable by civil authorities with violent actions? Again, the overall theme is that the US is a corporate oligarchy and violence by the state can and will be used on citizens breaking no laws at all.

He did break the law. Post 9/11, flight crews and particularly flight officers have absolute authority aboard the aircraft. Not obeying them is a federal crime.

He did break the law. Post 9/11, flight crews and particularly flight officers have absolute authority aboard the aircraft. Not obeying them is a federal crime.
the flight crew was illegally ordering him off the plane. if the captain ordered you to punch out some 80 year old lady....do you do it?
he was legally "boarded" in a seat he paid for and the plane was NOT overbooked. they were illegally removing passengers so other employees could fly for free.

the flight crew was illegally ordering him off the plane. if the captain ordered you to punch out some 80 year old lady....do you do it?
he was legally "boarded" in a seat he paid for and the plane was NOT overbooked. they were illegally removing passengers so other employees could fly for free.

As I understand it, there are no qualifications on what an officer of a commercial aircraft can make you do. Disobeying one is illegal - period.

That's why I said this will be an interesting trial. United will undoubtedly claim that regardless of whether they had the right to tell him to get off the plane, by refusing to get off, he broke the law, and therefore the Chicago cops were required to remove him.

As I understand it, there are no qualifications on what an officer of a commercial aircraft can make you do. Disobeying one is illegal - period.

That's why I said this will be an interesting trial. United will undoubtedly claim that regardless of whether they had the right to tell him to get off the plane, by refusing to get off, he broke the law, and therefore the Chicago cops were required to remove him.
well then, watch federal courts change what latitude flight crews have. this ain't the 1800's on the high seas.

Back