United breaks guitars...

Yeah, it appears that after you're boarded, it's illegal for the airline to bump you.

And there's a specific process outlined in law that the airline must follow. United not only failed to follow the policy, but it got the police to come drag a passenger off the plane. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/250.9

Maybe the guy wasn't pleasant with flight crew, but that's still no excuse for what happened.

If I were United and the Chicago PD, I'd be preparing to write a very big check to this guy.

The questions this brings up is when are you "boarded". Are you "boarded" when you personally board and take your seat, or are you "boarded" after everyone boards and the door is closed.
"boarded" in this context means waterboarded. Enhanced interrogation - keepin' those friendly skies friendly!

MikesrBot is functioning optimally.
the Bad-Ass Skeletons On Motorcycles Pictures (BASOMP) rate seems a little low, but otherwise parameters are within standard acceptable ranges, yes.

This will be United's Macho Grande.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Tig touched on this but it's worth mentioning again: This wasn't an overbook situation. They were compelling customers to forfeit the seats they'd paid for to accommodate their own employees.

yes....this can not be overstated. what united did was illegal. and then what the cops did was criminal assault and battery. PERIOD.

"boarded" in this context means waterboarded. Enhanced interrogation - keepin' those friendly skies friendly!

the Bad-Ass Skeletons On Motorcycles Pictures (BASOMP) rate seems a little low, but otherwise parameters are within standard acceptable ranges, yes.

Update incoming...

IMG_2256.JPG

Fuck him he got bump and got his self important ass beat and he should have. UA may pay but there will be volunteers for a while until the next spoiled brat decides to imose their immediate self worth. There is nothing better than a self centered fuck getting their as whipped. How's that participation trophy working out for you now punk.

Wow, I know plenty of slack-jawed deplorable's that wouldn't sink to your level.
Congratulations on your participation trophy.

Tig touched on this but it's worth mentioning again: This wasn't an overbook situation. They were compelling customers to forfeit the seats they'd paid for to accommodate their own employees.
I think it is pretty obvious that Mike puts anyone on ignore who brings up actual facts to counter his alternative facts.

Well, Mike's an internet tough-guy. (Read: on disability even though "hates the guv'mint and all them welfare slackers;" couldn't pass a high school exit exam to save his neck; has 'seen the world' (meaning: trip to Cancun in 1988, got sick at Senor Frog's, flew home 2 days early) .... and is a combat veteran! (meaning: had a fight that one night at the VFW after too much Zima).

I'm pretty surprised how much traction this incident and United's shitty response has picked up. My faceplace feed is filled with united memes (and spicy memes), many posted by people I know who never travel but see it as a human rights issue. People are really latching into this one and it doesnt look like it's going to drop off the radar as quickly as usual

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well, Mike's an internet tough-guy. (Read: on disability even though "hates the guv'mint and all them welfare slackers;" couldn't pass a high school exit exam to save his neck; has 'seen the world' (meaning: trip to Cancun in 1988, got sick at Senor Frog's, flew home 2 days early) .... and is a combat veteran! (meaning: had a fight that one night at the VFW after too much Zima).
While I'm not in love with Mike at the moment in time I do have to say that if memory serves me right he is retired military and retired from a post military career as well, not the guy you're describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back