Unique feedback, won't make the website

Tonight's doesn't bode so well: An Scots-German wedding on a Sunday night in the middle of nowhere.

The grooms dad is already drunk and has told me numerous times he wants to punch the brides mother :facepalm:

Tonight's doesn't bode so well: An Scots-German wedding on a Sunday night in the middle of nowhere.

The grooms dad is already drunk and has told me numerous times he wants to punch the brides mother :facepalm:
Good times!

This is something I would love to be in attendance for. So much potential entertainment value packed into one evening. I hope they hired the likes of John Smeaton for security.

This is something I would love to be in attendance for. So much potential entertainment value packed into one evening. I hope they hired the likes of John Smeaton for security.

It was actually a great night (save for the token one tit of a guest, more on that later)

The bride was German but of Thai heritage (stunning btw, the dude won a watch) and the dad came up at one point (well numerous points but most of them involved him showing me grainy youtube videos of his old band he played bass in :shrug: ) and said "play the monkey man, that'll fuck with them all" and the penny dropped that he was just a bit of a racist dick. Tragic really, his son, who from what I've seen of him is a decent lad punching well above his weight and his dad won't give his new bride the time of day because she's half Thai :/ he was split up from the guys mum strangely enough.

Anyhoo onto the token one tit:

How to fail at (hypothetically of course) getting your jam on when making a request:

"Why aren't you playing my song?"

Take your pick:

I've told you four times now "this big black thing in front of me is essentially a £1,200 table with another grand worth of electrotucty stuff sitting on it, please stop leaning over if with your drink.

You're so drunk you just fell into my speaker and half my lighting rig, it's 10 o clock, wind it in.

You're song is football / political related so it's got no chance of being played even if I had it

You called me an Orange bastard when I told you I didn't have it

The single sentence: "I bet you were happy about the EU referendum THIS IS A WEDDING WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT POLITICS" makes no fucking sense in any world. I voted remain btw.

You leant on my expensive black thing again

Shouting "WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING MY SONG?" in my face doesn't further your cause.

Shouting "I'M GOING TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT" in my face doesn't help your cause: I freelance - you make your "official complaint" in writing to me. You're not the one paying me so it'll go straight in the bin / email trash.

By your own admission "everyone will hate the song but I'll love it." I shall keep a note of it for future reference when I want to piss off 119 people to keep 1 person happy.

You fell over again

Being the one person booing the DJ at the end of the night when everyone else is giving them a massive cheer and high 5s is much more effective when you haven't been on the dancefloor all night. Yes I have video footage of you.

:embarrassed:

It was actually a great night (save for the token one tit of a guest, more on that later)

The bride was German but of Thai heritage (stunning btw, the dude won a watch) and the dad came up at one point (well numerous points but most of them involved him showing me grainy youtube videos of his old band he played bass in :shrug: ) and said "play the monkey man, that'll fuck with them all" and the penny dropped that he was just a bit of a racist dick. Tragic really, his son, who from what I've seen of him is a decent lad punching well above his weight and his dad won't give his new bride the time of day because she's half Thai :/ he was split up from the guys mum strangely enough.

Anyhoo onto the token one tit:

How to fail at (hypothetically of course) getting your jam on when making a request:

"Why aren't you playing my song?"

Take your pick:

I've told you four times now "this big black thing in front of me is essentially a £1,200 table with another grand worth of electrotucty stuff sitting on it, please stop leaning over if with your drink.

You're so drunk you just fell into my speaker and half my lighting rig, it's 10 o clock, wind it in.

You're song is football / political related so it's got no chance of being played even if I had it

You called me an Orange bastard when I told you I didn't have it

The single sentence: "I bet you were happy about the EU referendum THIS IS A WEDDING WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT POLITICS" makes no fucking sense in any world. I voted remain btw.

You leant on my expensive black thing again

Shouting "WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING MY SONG?" in my face doesn't further your cause.

Shouting "I'M GOING TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT" in my face doesn't help your cause: I freelance - you make your "official complaint" in writing to me. You're not the one paying me so it'll go straight in the bin / email trash.

By your own admission "everyone will hate the song but I'll love it." I shall keep a note of it for future reference when I want to piss off 119 people to keep 1 person happy.

You fell over again

Being the one person booing the DJ at the end of the night when everyone else is giving them a massive cheer and high 5s is much more effective when you haven't been on the dancefloor all night. Yes I have video footage of you.

:embarrassed:
Damn!

That sounds like quite an evening indeed. FWIW, that bloke will likely wake up in a pool of his own vomit and piss with a raging headache and a mushroom stamp on his forehead.

Damn!

That sounds like quite an evening indeed. FWIW, that bloke will likely wake up in a pool of his own vomit and piss with a raging headache and a mushroom stamp on his forehead.

He actually mellowed out later on but the "monkey man" comment really side swiped me - I thought he just didn't like the mother,

The other clown, I've been watching the video back and I'm convinced she was on something so here's hoping her hangover is mighty and karmic.

The irony is that I am an Orange man but I'll play tunes I don't really want to on the basis that you're not a complete dickhead when requesting them. :embarrassed:

Reactions: OGG
Damn!

My brother came to pick some stuff up and I was telling him about it. He said the last time he was at the venue the last dance had to be aborted because one of the guests punched his wife and subsequently had the shit beat out of him by a group of the male guests. :facepalm: It's one of the cheaper nice venues in that part of the world so it no doubt attracts a certain clientele.

Back