Unexpected... HNGD... Nuno would be proud!!!

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
On Saturday, I was scrolling through Craigslist and came across this beast. Being a Nuno Bettencourt fan, I've always wanted to check one out, but the P4 models are pretty rare to come across. The owner of this lived about an hour and 20 min away, but at the price he listed it for, I needed to pounce on it.

We worked out a deal to meet halfway and I played the guitar for less than a minute and knew it was something I dug. Basically a single cutaway guitar with a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and Duncan 59 in the neck. I brought my iRig setup and headphones with me and it sounded absoutely huge. Notes sustained and the guitar resonated fairly well unplugged.

This guitar pretty much showroom condition. No wear on frets, no bumps or dings on the guitar at all!!!

On top of that, I got it at a killer price.

When I got home, I put a new set of strings on it and conditioned the fretboard. Absoutely awesome playing and sounding guitar.

EB1C4DAD-F735-4168-AE76-B744BDDFEEFA.jpg

A versatile axe with a unique look!

A throwback to the original Washburn P2 made famous by Nuno Bettencourt, this re-issue gives you everything you need to churn out meaty riff rock. It all starts with a solid mahogany body, rocking the distinctive P2 cutaways. The neck is also mahogany, topped with an teardrop-inlaid ebony fingerboard for a little extra bite (along with an extra dose of class!). Electronically, Washburn loaded the P2 with Seymour Duncan SH-1 and SH-11 pickups, giving you a great blend of high output and classic tones.

Washburn P2 Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
Classic style with a twist
Dual humbucking pickups cover a ton of sonic ground
Premium hardware completes the picture
Classic style with a twist
The Washburn P2 doesn't look all that dissimilar to a traditional single-cutaway-double-humbucker solidbody electric guitar, but its unique curves give it a distinct flavor. You still get the tones of a solid mahogany body and neck, with the added benefit of a guitar that has a unique vibe. So dig in and unleash classic tones that cross genres.

Dual humbucking pickups cover a ton of sonic ground
With Seymour Duncan SH-1 and SH-11 humbuckers handling the pickup duties, you have classic and modern tones available in one guitar. Need to really push your amp for a great solo? Flip over to the SH-11. The SH-11 is great for anything from country to blues to heavy rock. For more classic situations, the SH-1 re-creates the classic PAF-style tones that have permeated rock, country, and more for decades. Needless to say, you've got a ton of tones at your fingertips.

Premium hardware completes the picture
Good wood and great pickups need proper hardware, and the Washburn P2 doesn't disappoint. The Tune-o-matic bridge is paired with a Schaller fine-tuning tailpiece for easy and reliable intonation, and the Grover 18:1 chrome tuners provide tuning stability.

Washburn P2 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
Mahogany body and neck for classic sound
Ebony fingerboard adds bite
Dual humbuckers span from vintage to modern tones
Hardware that provides easy intonation and stable tuning
A great axe with nice appointments with the Washburn P2

These seem to be available for really good prices on the ebay. Looks like a lot of guitar for the money.

Sorry, looks like somebody got at it with a chainsaw. But you love it, so its just the job. Enjoy.

Back