Uneventful Celebrity Sighting - Nels Cline

Deep Eddy

Argle Bargle or Foofaraw?
My wife and I were at a small French bistro in Chicago for dinner on Sunday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and Nels Cline came in and was seated next to us. My wife had no idea who he was and really didn't care.

He was with a few other people, and one had a guitar. From what I could overhear, it appeared to be a prototype of a custom guitar (Jazzmaster style body). It didn't have any pickups or hardware on it - just the body and neck.

Most importantly, he ordered the roast chicken. Great choice.

The guy with the Jazzmaster.

Ahh, Andy was nice enough to give me Wilco's entire catalog to check out. The song you posted was probably my favorite. I like them, but I can't really get excited about what they do. Just not my thing I guess.

That's one of the great things about living in Chicago. Several bands have members that live here. And bands pass though here all the time. You never know who you'll run in to.

I've seen Wilco live several times. Nels is awesome to see live. He really is a great guitarist.

Ahh, Andy was nice enough to give me Wilco's entire catalog to check out. The song you posted was probably my favorite. I like them, but I can't really get excited about what they do. Just not my thing I guess.

Here is a favorite of mine in a little different style for you to check out.

Back